Lop-Sidedness
Here is another random thought for you all.
If you have a newborn baby, you should switch the side your baby sleeps on every other time.
My poor baby's head was lop-sided almost from the get-go, because NO ONE told me this. Not the hospital, not my mother, NO ONE.
By the time the doctor said anything about it, there was no going back. The child favored one side and GODDAMIT, he was gonna sleep on that side.
Consequently, I have some baby pictures that look kinda funky. The doctor did tell me that by the time he was in school it would even out. I'd like to think it did, or maybe I just grew accustomed to the lop-sidedness.
Ariel, what do you think? You've seen my kid, does his head look normal to you?
If you have a newborn baby, you should switch the side your baby sleeps on every other time.
My poor baby's head was lop-sided almost from the get-go, because NO ONE told me this. Not the hospital, not my mother, NO ONE.
By the time the doctor said anything about it, there was no going back. The child favored one side and GODDAMIT, he was gonna sleep on that side.
Consequently, I have some baby pictures that look kinda funky. The doctor did tell me that by the time he was in school it would even out. I'd like to think it did, or maybe I just grew accustomed to the lop-sidedness.
Ariel, what do you think? You've seen my kid, does his head look normal to you?
Comments
There was one point where Birdie had a little bald spot on the back of her head from laying on her back all the time and eventually wiggling and rubbing her head bald.
Just
in
one
spot.
It was cute.
I'm sure your son's head is fine.
Someone told me... last night? Yesterday? Fuck if I can remember at this point...
We do the best we can with what we've got. No one can expect more, no one can ask more.
If you don't have the tools or the information, you're going to make silly mistakes sometimes. Sorry- it's just bound to happen.
The head, it grows back. The hair too.
You did a good job- he survived 10 years thanks to you! He never got smashed in traffic or kidnapped, or any of the other bazillion things that can happen to a kid.
You're doing a good job. You're just fine.
good grief. no point wondering if you should have changed things in the past cuz you can't.