Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you got 'til it's gone?

I had much fun at coffee on Friday.....my only decent weekend day. I got to talk with my girls.....hope they are amused, that I call them "my girls".......I guess we will see. My little blog became a small topic, as I e-mailed the link to my best friend......
She doesn't piss me off as much as other people, so I figure I am relatively safe about griping here. My other friend was like....oh, you have a blog, but she was gracious enough to stop talking about it, when I downplayed it, out of not wanting everyone I know to see what a bitch I can be.

Anyhow, I got completely off the subject here, a larger topic of conversation came from how we all viewed ourselves in high school. I didn't know these girls then, but they were talking about how crazy they were not to appreciate the way their bodies looked then.
It made me start thinking about how in high school, we might have looked great, but we couldn't see it.

And what I didn't say, is that I think both those girls are completely adorable now. I should have, but it doesn't really matter what I would have said because us girls are determined that we look the way we think of ourselves. Plus, I didn't want them to think I was hitting on them *grins*. I am much less subtle then that.

I have to wonder though, who makes us feel this way about ourselves? Is it our parents? It's not like we all had the same childhood and yet, we all feel fairly similiar. I used to kid myself that I was different, and stranger than most.
Maybe even that my feelings were abnormal, but it doesn't really matter if they are, it is still the way you feel.

I don't want to look back in 10 years and be like, damn, I looked good at 24, what did I have to bitch about?

I just think it is a damn shame that we all were in better shape and thought we looked good, and didn't actually realize it until too late. Maybe teenage girls don't have the capacity for that kind of self-esteem.

Which is damn sad.

Like how much I have been using "damn". *wink*
I think it might be my new favorite word. Damn, damn, damn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.