Ode to my boyfriend
My boyfriend amazes me sometimes. It seems like I got everything all set in my mind regarding who he is, how he fits into my life, how we get along, how we don't like much of the same things at all.
Then, he goes and does something that just blows my mind. He was super-helpful when I was sick, not that he isn't helpful most of the time. So, that really isn't what surprised me.
I was hinting about my v-day present, asking if he would like it (I knew it was a DVD) and watch it with me. He said that No, he didn't really like it, but he hadn't really even given it a chance and that he would prolly watch it with me. Now, I feel this way about him sometimes and then I get stubborn and start thinking, well, if he isn't going to watch my stuff, then I won't watch his. (the movie was Grease, by the way, yes, I like Grease. I even like Grease 2. I even fancy I can sing along with the soundtrack, just not in company. End tangent)
I just have this fear of losing my personality.
I just didn't realize that he thought the same thing. I tend to think people don't know about their shortcomings (best word I could come up with, deal with it), but he is really on top of it. And he can admit it. He is SUPER.
Also, I think that we kind of munch on crap too much and that we make it enable the other person to have way too much ice cream (for instance) then if we were eating alone. So, I didn't say anything, because I didn't want to hurt his feelings, but all of the sudden, we are employing portion control. He cooks mainly, and he even dishes up the food. So, it is nice that (even without us talking about it) we can come to the same conclusion and start scaling down.
So, yet again, he is super helpful. But it isn't something that I can say out loud to him....in my best foot-in-mouth fashion, it would prolly come out something to the effect of "Gee thanks for noticing how fat we are getting." Which just doesn't sound nice or like I appreciate it, and I really do. I need help to watch what I am eating. So, yet again, he is my savior.
Good god, I hope he never realizes that he is so much more normal than me and he shouldn't have to deal with all my crap. :P
Then I will be well and truly screwed.
Then, he goes and does something that just blows my mind. He was super-helpful when I was sick, not that he isn't helpful most of the time. So, that really isn't what surprised me.
I was hinting about my v-day present, asking if he would like it (I knew it was a DVD) and watch it with me. He said that No, he didn't really like it, but he hadn't really even given it a chance and that he would prolly watch it with me. Now, I feel this way about him sometimes and then I get stubborn and start thinking, well, if he isn't going to watch my stuff, then I won't watch his. (the movie was Grease, by the way, yes, I like Grease. I even like Grease 2. I even fancy I can sing along with the soundtrack, just not in company. End tangent)
I just have this fear of losing my personality.
I just didn't realize that he thought the same thing. I tend to think people don't know about their shortcomings (best word I could come up with, deal with it), but he is really on top of it. And he can admit it. He is SUPER.
Also, I think that we kind of munch on crap too much and that we make it enable the other person to have way too much ice cream (for instance) then if we were eating alone. So, I didn't say anything, because I didn't want to hurt his feelings, but all of the sudden, we are employing portion control. He cooks mainly, and he even dishes up the food. So, it is nice that (even without us talking about it) we can come to the same conclusion and start scaling down.
So, yet again, he is super helpful. But it isn't something that I can say out loud to him....in my best foot-in-mouth fashion, it would prolly come out something to the effect of "Gee thanks for noticing how fat we are getting." Which just doesn't sound nice or like I appreciate it, and I really do. I need help to watch what I am eating. So, yet again, he is my savior.
Good god, I hope he never realizes that he is so much more normal than me and he shouldn't have to deal with all my crap. :P
Then I will be well and truly screwed.
Comments