First Born Children

I am slowly combing through the Dooce's first baby stuff. The posts about not sleeping and whatnot, that I can still remember, but only when I read her posts.

Cause I try and block it all.

I think that funniest new mom thing that happened when my child was born, was that I went home from the hospital (In November, I might add) and turned all the thermostats up to 80.

People were seriously sweating in my house, they were like, what is wrong with you.
And I was like. "The baby CANNOT be cold, ever in his life."

I am getting beyond this craziness though. I swear. My thermostats don't go past 60 anymore. And that is only in the child's room, everywhere else they are at 50 or so.

Cause, Damnit, I CANNOT deal with the electricity bill during the winter. Everytime I get a bill and I have gone down in usage since last year, I am like...."I win this month. I totally win, cause my bill is cheaper this month".

Comments

Brandy said…
I do the same thing with thermostats. We only heat the one room in our house, the bedroom where we all sleep. Due to cost, and convenience, and ... well I can't bear the thought of Birdie being stuck alone in a room ALL NIGHT.
I keep it at 70, the rest of the house is 60-65 ish most of the time.
I still do those "silly mom" things all the time. I'm absolutely neurotic about my child :)

I don't think I would want to NOT be.

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.