Phantom Tollbooth

Not a song title, I know. Fuck it.

So, I spend last night studiously avoiding looking or speaking to my boyfriend, cause I was still that pissed and upset. He did tell me that he almost didn't get a ride home and I had to resist gloating about it. Or even saying, I told you so.

Instead, I helped the child do all the things that he normally does by himself (in preparation for bed) and just talked about stuff.

He told me about his Sonic game (I bought a Genesis last Friday) and about how much he wants to come work with me when he is older. It was so SWEET. He was talking about working here, and having lunch together and I told him how beautiful the campus was. And how much fun we could have walking around it.

Then we read some books. I have convinced him that there is more to reading than a picture and a sentence on every page. So, we are almost to the end of the Phantom Tollbooth, which is a VERY cute book.

I remember reading it as a kid (jeez, was I ever a kid?) and I am so glad to be able to pass it on. I am also so glad that I don't have to read damn "baby books" all the times anymore.

We did have to follow up our chapter with "The Berenstain Bears, and the New Neighbors". OK, so they have morals, but damn they are boring, when you have read them 20 million times.

It just melts my heart when I am around him sometimes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.