The Rhythm is Gonna Get You
My son amazes me sometimes. Lately, it has been amusing to me to see how much he loves the music.
Well, he is my son, so it really isn't surprising that he loves the music. I am still trying to taint him with my music. Unfortunately, with the boyfriend at home more than me, it usually ends up that he enjoys his music more. My child has actually asked me to put on something that "rocks". Where did I go wrong?
His favorite song (until he forgets) right now is "The Final Countdown". Which is something I would listen to, but nothing I would buy. When that song comes on, he gets super-excited.
He does also know the chorus to "Let's Get it Started", which is better than knowing the chorus to the "real" song-"Let's get Retarded". Don't really want my 7 year old running around singing about being retarded.....try to imagine that for a moment.
I'd like to think it is my influence, as I turn on 104.7 yet again. But more likely, it is the damn "kidz bop" commercials that are always on.
One influence that neither of us has "pushed" on him is......DISCO!
I am 24, for god's sake, I don't even know much about Disco, but my 7 year old loves it.
You put YMCA on the Cd player and it is almost like a floor show. He comes running from wherever he is, and starts pointing his finger this way and that. Then he spins around. It is actually in time to the music. I don't know how....I don't dance like that. My dancing involves shaking my ass from side to side and maybe (maybe) shuffling my feet. A little more energetic at Daddie's concerts, but whatever works, right?
He certainly didn't get it from his Dad. Jake may be able to dance (Ska - Skank, I think), and I consider that debatable, but I've had people say, Wow, he can skank.
Which really isn't dancing, in my opinion, but whatever. Whatever floats your boat. So, where did my child's rhythm come from? Maybe I do have some rhythm. Who knows.
Well, he is my son, so it really isn't surprising that he loves the music. I am still trying to taint him with my music. Unfortunately, with the boyfriend at home more than me, it usually ends up that he enjoys his music more. My child has actually asked me to put on something that "rocks". Where did I go wrong?
His favorite song (until he forgets) right now is "The Final Countdown". Which is something I would listen to, but nothing I would buy. When that song comes on, he gets super-excited.
He does also know the chorus to "Let's Get it Started", which is better than knowing the chorus to the "real" song-"Let's get Retarded". Don't really want my 7 year old running around singing about being retarded.....try to imagine that for a moment.
I'd like to think it is my influence, as I turn on 104.7 yet again. But more likely, it is the damn "kidz bop" commercials that are always on.
One influence that neither of us has "pushed" on him is......DISCO!
I am 24, for god's sake, I don't even know much about Disco, but my 7 year old loves it.
You put YMCA on the Cd player and it is almost like a floor show. He comes running from wherever he is, and starts pointing his finger this way and that. Then he spins around. It is actually in time to the music. I don't know how....I don't dance like that. My dancing involves shaking my ass from side to side and maybe (maybe) shuffling my feet. A little more energetic at Daddie's concerts, but whatever works, right?
He certainly didn't get it from his Dad. Jake may be able to dance (Ska - Skank, I think), and I consider that debatable, but I've had people say, Wow, he can skank.
Which really isn't dancing, in my opinion, but whatever. Whatever floats your boat. So, where did my child's rhythm come from? Maybe I do have some rhythm. Who knows.
Comments