You ain't gonna' make or break me
LOVE Eminem....his lyrics speak to me. Thought I would give some more background to all you people who read this but haven't had the opportunity for me to talk your ear off.
And actually, I liked this lyric for a title, but in all honesty, my son DID make me who I am today.
On with the story all.
I became involved with my son's father (Jake) at the age of 15. We went out for a week. Then I found out he cheated on me with his ex. We broke up and he married his ex. That lasted for about 3 months. Then we got back together. (I know, not smart). I was a DUMB teenager. We were sleeping together before we started "going out" on February 13th (yeah, he thought that was original), which was the day I got pregnant. Kinda, anyways, you girls know how it works and that it is just kind of an educated guess. I don't know exactly when. I thought I was immune, I guess. He thought he was allergic to condoms and I thought it wouldn't happen, I guess.
I found out in March and told Jake, who said something to the effect of Why do I feel like sitting in the middle of the road? Thanks, asshole. Maybe you should. I told him that I could handle this and that if he couldn't, he should get the hell outta dodge now. He said he could...HAHAHAHA...excuse my uncontrollable laughter....and that he was fine.
Things went as well as could be expected for a teenager who was already dealing with hormones in excess, and you add pregnancy and trying to quit smoking and apparently, I was a bitch. At least that is what the boys I hung around with said. Like they have ANY idea. Fairly normal pregnancy. My water broke the night before he was born and he was born on his due date. November 20th, 1997. I had a c-section, because the boy refused to come out. I guess he was more comfortable there.
My pregnancy was definitely a surprise and that was when I realized that I needed to finish high school and go to college so that I wouldn't be supporting him from working at McDonald's for the rest of my life. Finished high school a week before he was born, started college 10 months after he was born. Got my degree and have worked here for 2 1/2 years.
He is the best thing that ever happened to me. Even though we both have our moments, I am still proud that I am his mommy. When he is good, he is so sweet. And when he is a brat, boy, do I regret ever giving my mom a hard time.
All in all, it's been fun and hopefully, the teenage years don't make me regret it.
*grin*
And actually, I liked this lyric for a title, but in all honesty, my son DID make me who I am today.
On with the story all.
I became involved with my son's father (Jake) at the age of 15. We went out for a week. Then I found out he cheated on me with his ex. We broke up and he married his ex. That lasted for about 3 months. Then we got back together. (I know, not smart). I was a DUMB teenager. We were sleeping together before we started "going out" on February 13th (yeah, he thought that was original), which was the day I got pregnant. Kinda, anyways, you girls know how it works and that it is just kind of an educated guess. I don't know exactly when. I thought I was immune, I guess. He thought he was allergic to condoms and I thought it wouldn't happen, I guess.
I found out in March and told Jake, who said something to the effect of Why do I feel like sitting in the middle of the road? Thanks, asshole. Maybe you should. I told him that I could handle this and that if he couldn't, he should get the hell outta dodge now. He said he could...HAHAHAHA...excuse my uncontrollable laughter....and that he was fine.
Things went as well as could be expected for a teenager who was already dealing with hormones in excess, and you add pregnancy and trying to quit smoking and apparently, I was a bitch. At least that is what the boys I hung around with said. Like they have ANY idea. Fairly normal pregnancy. My water broke the night before he was born and he was born on his due date. November 20th, 1997. I had a c-section, because the boy refused to come out. I guess he was more comfortable there.
My pregnancy was definitely a surprise and that was when I realized that I needed to finish high school and go to college so that I wouldn't be supporting him from working at McDonald's for the rest of my life. Finished high school a week before he was born, started college 10 months after he was born. Got my degree and have worked here for 2 1/2 years.
He is the best thing that ever happened to me. Even though we both have our moments, I am still proud that I am his mommy. When he is good, he is so sweet. And when he is a brat, boy, do I regret ever giving my mom a hard time.
All in all, it's been fun and hopefully, the teenage years don't make me regret it.
*grin*
Comments