We Are Family - pt.2
I got an email, kinda out of the blue, from my married 22 year old sister. Now, my family is confusing and she never really lived with us. There was some big hoopla for custody that didn't work out in my mom's favor. She said that Aspen's (my sister) grandparents bought the judge. I know there was more too it than that, but not exactly sure how I know, or even how bad it was.
I really am not going to go into details here, but I would believe what I heard about the problem that prevented my little sister from living with us.
I was always the one who really knew here, and that is kind of laughable.....I only knew her as a child and it was a very rare weekend when I got to spend the whole weekend with her.
But, we emailed for a little while back and forth and she called me and we talked for hours. Sure, she isn't that same to me as my little sisters who went through the hell of our life with the parents, but still, she is my little sis. I think part of it is the big sis coming out in me, but Angie (my smart, teenage sister) is rather offended that she would call and be so familiar when she doesn't really know her and I am so SAD that they don't know each other and might not ever know each other. Even though we all share the same eyes. And they really shared the same kinda curly hair.....I kind of always thought they looked alike. My sister's take on it is here.
The post for March 1, 2005, and I know I am risking her being pissed at me and I hope she isn't, but I am so sad that she is so angry. In all honesty, we were all kids, who had a lot of shit thrown at us and are hopefully stronger for it. None of us chose to live with who we lived with. Ok, I did for a little while, but I hated my step-mother, so I went back to my mom's.
Oftentimes, I would wish that I was anywhere but at home with my mother. I spent one Christmas threatening to put my head through the TV.....holidays were always stressful, but this one was bad. I tried to help (after my mother went overboard with the guilt that she was so good at), but nothing I did was right. So, I gave up and went and smoked on the porch forever listening to Pretty Hate Machine. I am still convinced that is the only reason I am here today. It just felt like a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation and I am NOT good with those.
Well, this started as a way to try and open the communication between my sisters, and went into the hell that used to be my life....but I am done for now. Maybe someday I will really go into the hell of my old home life and then you will all be really sorry.
I really am not going to go into details here, but I would believe what I heard about the problem that prevented my little sister from living with us.
I was always the one who really knew here, and that is kind of laughable.....I only knew her as a child and it was a very rare weekend when I got to spend the whole weekend with her.
But, we emailed for a little while back and forth and she called me and we talked for hours. Sure, she isn't that same to me as my little sisters who went through the hell of our life with the parents, but still, she is my little sis. I think part of it is the big sis coming out in me, but Angie (my smart, teenage sister) is rather offended that she would call and be so familiar when she doesn't really know her and I am so SAD that they don't know each other and might not ever know each other. Even though we all share the same eyes. And they really shared the same kinda curly hair.....I kind of always thought they looked alike. My sister's take on it is here.
The post for March 1, 2005, and I know I am risking her being pissed at me and I hope she isn't, but I am so sad that she is so angry. In all honesty, we were all kids, who had a lot of shit thrown at us and are hopefully stronger for it. None of us chose to live with who we lived with. Ok, I did for a little while, but I hated my step-mother, so I went back to my mom's.
Oftentimes, I would wish that I was anywhere but at home with my mother. I spent one Christmas threatening to put my head through the TV.....holidays were always stressful, but this one was bad. I tried to help (after my mother went overboard with the guilt that she was so good at), but nothing I did was right. So, I gave up and went and smoked on the porch forever listening to Pretty Hate Machine. I am still convinced that is the only reason I am here today. It just felt like a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation and I am NOT good with those.
Well, this started as a way to try and open the communication between my sisters, and went into the hell that used to be my life....but I am done for now. Maybe someday I will really go into the hell of my old home life and then you will all be really sorry.
Comments