Saturday
So, I woke up, freaked about getting a ride for a little, and then gave up and called A again. She only charged me coffee.
Went home and decided that Breakfast was in order. So, we go the Shari's and have breakfast (brunch?) and barely feel able to walk home. Derek fell asleep on my shoulder, he was so tired. Then he kinda wakes up enough for us to walk home. Instead of going straight home, like I thought, we went to Blockbuster. Bought "The Whole Ten Yards" which wasn't as funny as the original, but still semi-amusing. Also bought "The Yu-Gi-Oh Movie".
Went home and waited for the real fun to start... the visit to the "farm" with Ben's family. Ok, it isn't really a farm, it is just out in the "boonies". His mom gave me a hug and then I spent much of the night telling Derek to please sit down and the dog wouldn't be freaking out with excitement, if Derek would just sit down for more than five minutes. He wanted to go outside by himself, so I said ok, since he couldn't get into trouble. That lasted about 4 minutes before the puppy (big puppy) got really excited and tried to grab Derek's hand. He FREAKED. He screamed and I don't think I have seen a room full of adults get outside so quickly. He was fine though.
Then Ben's mom decides that Derek should help light the candles on the cake....he was being so very helpful. I am so bad about asking him to help and usually just get him out of the way. He lit all the candles and then tried to put the lighting candle down in the cake, which was when he burned himself. It was small and he doesn't even have a mark, but it freaked me out a little. Which I am working on..I know I can't protect the kid forver, but it is hard. He then freaked out the old dog by crawling around on the floor. I don't know if it was just too much for the old guy or what, but he barked at Derek and then Derek finally sat down for maybe 10 whole minutes.
He left and told Marina that it was "the best night he has ever had". That boy is so fickle sometimes, he is just gonna say that again to someone else someday *grin*.
I was very proud that he was so sweet. He fell asleep in the car on the way home. It was cute, what with his LOUD snoring.....It really was.
Ben and I proceeded to piss off one of the cats. It got on the table, and my first impulse is to get it off the table, so I move it. And everyone looks at me, because, apparently, in their house, the animals are allowed to eat on the table. UMM, okay, I didn't know. Don't shoot me. Then same cat (?) gets back on the table and proceeds to run his tail through the lit candle. Yay, scorching hair....MMM, makes me hungry. So, Ben picked the cat up, put it out, and put it on the floor. That cat wouldn't come anywhere near us for the rest of the night.
It was strange to see Ben's mom try and bond with Ben's step-mom. They were very nice to each other, but I got the distinct impression that, years later, they don't know each other very well. Everything went pretty well, though, all in all.
Went home and decided that Breakfast was in order. So, we go the Shari's and have breakfast (brunch?) and barely feel able to walk home. Derek fell asleep on my shoulder, he was so tired. Then he kinda wakes up enough for us to walk home. Instead of going straight home, like I thought, we went to Blockbuster. Bought "The Whole Ten Yards" which wasn't as funny as the original, but still semi-amusing. Also bought "The Yu-Gi-Oh Movie".
Went home and waited for the real fun to start... the visit to the "farm" with Ben's family. Ok, it isn't really a farm, it is just out in the "boonies". His mom gave me a hug and then I spent much of the night telling Derek to please sit down and the dog wouldn't be freaking out with excitement, if Derek would just sit down for more than five minutes. He wanted to go outside by himself, so I said ok, since he couldn't get into trouble. That lasted about 4 minutes before the puppy (big puppy) got really excited and tried to grab Derek's hand. He FREAKED. He screamed and I don't think I have seen a room full of adults get outside so quickly. He was fine though.
Then Ben's mom decides that Derek should help light the candles on the cake....he was being so very helpful. I am so bad about asking him to help and usually just get him out of the way. He lit all the candles and then tried to put the lighting candle down in the cake, which was when he burned himself. It was small and he doesn't even have a mark, but it freaked me out a little. Which I am working on..I know I can't protect the kid forver, but it is hard. He then freaked out the old dog by crawling around on the floor. I don't know if it was just too much for the old guy or what, but he barked at Derek and then Derek finally sat down for maybe 10 whole minutes.
He left and told Marina that it was "the best night he has ever had". That boy is so fickle sometimes, he is just gonna say that again to someone else someday *grin*.
I was very proud that he was so sweet. He fell asleep in the car on the way home. It was cute, what with his LOUD snoring.....It really was.
Ben and I proceeded to piss off one of the cats. It got on the table, and my first impulse is to get it off the table, so I move it. And everyone looks at me, because, apparently, in their house, the animals are allowed to eat on the table. UMM, okay, I didn't know. Don't shoot me. Then same cat (?) gets back on the table and proceeds to run his tail through the lit candle. Yay, scorching hair....MMM, makes me hungry. So, Ben picked the cat up, put it out, and put it on the floor. That cat wouldn't come anywhere near us for the rest of the night.
It was strange to see Ben's mom try and bond with Ben's step-mom. They were very nice to each other, but I got the distinct impression that, years later, they don't know each other very well. Everything went pretty well, though, all in all.
Comments