Angel - Sarah McLachlan

Only the best part here. I really love the first verse. Comments from me are italicized, and do not apply to the song.

"Spend all your time waiting
For that second chance
For a break that would make it ok
There's always some reason
To feel not good enough (Ain't that the truth)
And it's hard at the end of the day
I need some distraction
Oh beautiful release
Memories seep from my veins
Let me be empty and weightless (good god, if only I could be empty)
And maybe I'll find some peace tonight

(Chorus)
In the arms of the angel
Far away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort here"

Comments

Wren said…
I remember when this song became popular it was right about the time of the Columbine shootings. I can't hear that song without thinking of the kids I knew and the parents and the lock downs at our own school. Crazy. Those kids did it on April 20th, Hitler's birtday.
SWSNBN said…
My step-grandma lived a couple blocks away from the school. I used to live there.
I think I was too old to have went there, but my sisters might not have been. I think it was almost a year later that the shootings at Springfield happened, and I remember going to work and just being completely astounded that that could happen here in Oregon.

But, I guess that is what everyone thinks...."It can't happen here".
Yeah, right.

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.