As Promised..
Three names I go by:
1. Des - This is a friends thing. I prefer my friends to call me Des.
2. Desiree - Used at work, those people are NOT my friends (ok, some of them are, they can call me Des), and by people like Jake who KNOWS that I hate it when people use my full name outside of work. I should start calling him JACOB and then he might stop.
3. Dizzy Desi - My best friend's uncle started doing this when I was like....11. God, it PISSED me off. Err. Do not EVER call me that, or I will cut you.
Three screen names I have had:
1. Shoshana - WAY back when I used to just telnet, instead of blog. I LOVED to telnet. I would skip FAR too many classes to hang out and type with people I didn't really know. Until that one time, on acid. I don't think it was the same after that.
2. SWSNBN
3. And of course, Desiree_1980, cause I am unimaginative after a certain point. I got Shoshana from picking up the closest magazine and picking a name. I got Jerry Seinfeld's old girlfriend. :)
Three physical things I like about myself:
1. My hair. It's soft and I can change the color, what more can you want? It does have a slight wave. Not enough to look wavy, just enough to NOT be perfectly straight. Oh well, I usually have it up anyhow. :p
2. My Eyes. They are very light blue. They are the feature most often complimented.
3. My Feet and ankles - I think they go together. I have cute feet, I like to pamper them. And my ankles are so nice. Just perfect, not to pointy, but not chubby. I love to play with my ankles. I know that's wierd, but I just love them.
Three physical things I don't like about myself:
1. My Ass. It is MEAN. It will knock things over without my noticing. It is just amazing and annoying. I have to warn people, y'all!
2. I gotta steal one from 'Zilla here, My finger nails. I wish they were thicker. They get so long and then they flake. I actually had one chip the other day and I was SCHOCKED. Usually they tear first. If only my finger nails were as tough as my toe nails. I suppose I don't do the dishes or clean with my toe nails either. There's a thought, I gotta figure that out!
3. My brain, it's ALWAYS gotta be working. Either worrying, usually needlessly, or thinking at work. Maybe not always, but it seems like a hell of a long time.
Three parts of my heritage:
1. I don't have a clue. Someone once told me that I was a little Irish. But I think there reasoning might have been something to do with my last name. And I tend towards being cynical of people telling me things that seem a little wierd, or not quite sound.
2. WAIT, I GOT ONE! My mom
3. My Dad
Three things that scare me:
1. Being in the same job years from now. 40 GODDAMN years before I can retire. Why did I NOT buy a Powerball ticket? They are up to 340 Million now.
2. Ariel moving and leaving me. I stay here BECAUSE of friends. None of my relatives live here. I WOULD MISS HER TOO MUCH! There would be no chance of Ariel popping over just cause. Like to take me out to dinner. Cause she is a GOOD FRIEND. Ok, I'm gonna stop. Cause we both know that someday she prolly will and I'll just have to deal.
3. Not seeing any of my relatives ever again. It's not easy to get to Colorado with no car. And no money to hop on a plane. Not that I even know if I could BE on a plane.
Three of my everyday essentials:
1. Coffee, everyday. Sometimes tea, if it's too hot and I don't make coffee early enough.
2. Breakfast - I CAN NOT go without breakfast. It makes me ill.
3. My Music. (headphones on the bus, radio at home.)
Three of my favorite musical artists:
1. Black Eyed Peas
2. Norah Jones
3. Bikini Kill
Three of my favorite songs:
1. The Way You Move - OutKast
2. Vision of Love - Mariah Carey
3. Somewhere Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin (I went to check the artist and all they've got is Frank Sinatra. Are there two versions, cause I KNOW Bobby Darin did this song.)
Three things I want in a relationship: (How can I mess with perfection?)
1. Love
2. Respect
3. Hot, hot, hot sex
Three LIES:
1. I Hate Babies.
2. I Love Snakes.
3. I Am Conceited.
Three TRUTHS:
1. I wish I NEVER had to work. I don't know that I will ever LIKE having someone else tell me what to do. Something about the rebel in me, I guess.
2. If you take me to IHOP or Shari's I will sit and drink gallons of coffee and smoke until I reek. If that's what you want to do anyhow. I don't go and smoke when I have my kid.
3. My life is pretty mundane.
Three physical things about the opposite sex that appeal to me:
1. Lips. I like a full lip.
2. Shorter hair
3. A good sense of humor.
Three of my favorite hobbies:
1. Reading. I read books EVERYDAY. There is just not a day when I don't.
2. Swimming. I LOVE to swim.
3. Playing computer games. ASTRO POP IS THE BOMB, YO!
Three things I want to do really badly now:
1. Hire a housekeeper (Oh MY GOD, it's like you read my mind, Zilla)
2. Go to Hawaii. Or Colorado. Or the Coast. Go on VACATION! That's it.
3. Watch Buffy. I am JONESING without my Buffy fix.
Three careers I've considered:
1. Teacher. There is just no WAY I would have the patience required for teaching. I just don't. It's a damn good thing I realized it, before I went that direction.
2. Psychologist. I thought that listening to people and getting paid would be fucking cool. I, too, like to try and "fix" people's problems. I am working on just listening and not advising.
3. Accounting. Yes, this is the one I went with. I like to think I am STILL considering it. But, I DO love the numbers.
Three places I want to go on vacation:
1. Ireland. I read "Scarlett" and wanted my own stone house (or was it more of a castle?) in this beautiful, green place.
2. New York. I would like to visit it and just be amazed. Though we move slower over here, so I would prolly piss someone off.
3. Australia. Kangaroos, Mate! And the accents. Ummm.
Three kid's names I like:
1. Destiny (wouldn't that be an AWFUL name for a kid of mine, I already got Derek)
2. Jordan
3. Christian
Three things I want to do before I die:
1. See my relatives. Can you tell?
2. Song at karaoke without having to be drunk.
3. Get married.
Three ways that I am stereotypically a boy:
1. I LOVE boobs. I stare at my own cleavage for goodness sake. I DRAW attention to my cleavage.
2. I will have sex and roll over and fall asleep.
3. I like a good beer.
Three ways that I am stereotypically a girl:
1. Again, I must steal from 'Zilla. Please let me hold your baby. I don't care if it spits on me. I've had worse things on me. Like vomit, not just spit up. Spit up is tame and I love how precious they are.
2. I'm starting to love pink.
3. I cry at sad movies. I do, it's embarassing.
Three celebrity crushes:
1. Christian Slater. Like 10 years ago. "Like Heathers" Christian Slater, but without the killing. I could really do without the killing.
2. Will Smith. Independence Day, MIB I and MIB II, and Wild, Wild West.
3. Emilio Esteves. Young Guns, nuff said.
Three people that I would like to see post this meme:
1. Ariel, of course. Even though she prolly stopped reading right about the time I started throwing guilt at her for leaving me when she hasn't yet.
2. Karina, Even if you do only do in on LJ, I suppose.
3. And Jenn. You are it too. When you have some time, cause DAMN this took a long time. I've been typing forever, with a quick break for South Park.
1. Des - This is a friends thing. I prefer my friends to call me Des.
2. Desiree - Used at work, those people are NOT my friends (ok, some of them are, they can call me Des), and by people like Jake who KNOWS that I hate it when people use my full name outside of work. I should start calling him JACOB and then he might stop.
3. Dizzy Desi - My best friend's uncle started doing this when I was like....11. God, it PISSED me off. Err. Do not EVER call me that, or I will cut you.
Three screen names I have had:
1. Shoshana - WAY back when I used to just telnet, instead of blog. I LOVED to telnet. I would skip FAR too many classes to hang out and type with people I didn't really know. Until that one time, on acid. I don't think it was the same after that.
2. SWSNBN
3. And of course, Desiree_1980, cause I am unimaginative after a certain point. I got Shoshana from picking up the closest magazine and picking a name. I got Jerry Seinfeld's old girlfriend. :)
Three physical things I like about myself:
1. My hair. It's soft and I can change the color, what more can you want? It does have a slight wave. Not enough to look wavy, just enough to NOT be perfectly straight. Oh well, I usually have it up anyhow. :p
2. My Eyes. They are very light blue. They are the feature most often complimented.
3. My Feet and ankles - I think they go together. I have cute feet, I like to pamper them. And my ankles are so nice. Just perfect, not to pointy, but not chubby. I love to play with my ankles. I know that's wierd, but I just love them.
Three physical things I don't like about myself:
1. My Ass. It is MEAN. It will knock things over without my noticing. It is just amazing and annoying. I have to warn people, y'all!
2. I gotta steal one from 'Zilla here, My finger nails. I wish they were thicker. They get so long and then they flake. I actually had one chip the other day and I was SCHOCKED. Usually they tear first. If only my finger nails were as tough as my toe nails. I suppose I don't do the dishes or clean with my toe nails either. There's a thought, I gotta figure that out!
3. My brain, it's ALWAYS gotta be working. Either worrying, usually needlessly, or thinking at work. Maybe not always, but it seems like a hell of a long time.
Three parts of my heritage:
1. I don't have a clue. Someone once told me that I was a little Irish. But I think there reasoning might have been something to do with my last name. And I tend towards being cynical of people telling me things that seem a little wierd, or not quite sound.
2. WAIT, I GOT ONE! My mom
3. My Dad
Three things that scare me:
1. Being in the same job years from now. 40 GODDAMN years before I can retire. Why did I NOT buy a Powerball ticket? They are up to 340 Million now.
2. Ariel moving and leaving me. I stay here BECAUSE of friends. None of my relatives live here. I WOULD MISS HER TOO MUCH! There would be no chance of Ariel popping over just cause. Like to take me out to dinner. Cause she is a GOOD FRIEND. Ok, I'm gonna stop. Cause we both know that someday she prolly will and I'll just have to deal.
3. Not seeing any of my relatives ever again. It's not easy to get to Colorado with no car. And no money to hop on a plane. Not that I even know if I could BE on a plane.
Three of my everyday essentials:
1. Coffee, everyday. Sometimes tea, if it's too hot and I don't make coffee early enough.
2. Breakfast - I CAN NOT go without breakfast. It makes me ill.
3. My Music. (headphones on the bus, radio at home.)
Three of my favorite musical artists:
1. Black Eyed Peas
2. Norah Jones
3. Bikini Kill
Three of my favorite songs:
1. The Way You Move - OutKast
2. Vision of Love - Mariah Carey
3. Somewhere Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin (I went to check the artist and all they've got is Frank Sinatra. Are there two versions, cause I KNOW Bobby Darin did this song.)
Three things I want in a relationship: (How can I mess with perfection?)
1. Love
2. Respect
3. Hot, hot, hot sex
Three LIES:
1. I Hate Babies.
2. I Love Snakes.
3. I Am Conceited.
Three TRUTHS:
1. I wish I NEVER had to work. I don't know that I will ever LIKE having someone else tell me what to do. Something about the rebel in me, I guess.
2. If you take me to IHOP or Shari's I will sit and drink gallons of coffee and smoke until I reek. If that's what you want to do anyhow. I don't go and smoke when I have my kid.
3. My life is pretty mundane.
Three physical things about the opposite sex that appeal to me:
1. Lips. I like a full lip.
2. Shorter hair
3. A good sense of humor.
Three of my favorite hobbies:
1. Reading. I read books EVERYDAY. There is just not a day when I don't.
2. Swimming. I LOVE to swim.
3. Playing computer games. ASTRO POP IS THE BOMB, YO!
Three things I want to do really badly now:
1. Hire a housekeeper (Oh MY GOD, it's like you read my mind, Zilla)
2. Go to Hawaii. Or Colorado. Or the Coast. Go on VACATION! That's it.
3. Watch Buffy. I am JONESING without my Buffy fix.
Three careers I've considered:
1. Teacher. There is just no WAY I would have the patience required for teaching. I just don't. It's a damn good thing I realized it, before I went that direction.
2. Psychologist. I thought that listening to people and getting paid would be fucking cool. I, too, like to try and "fix" people's problems. I am working on just listening and not advising.
3. Accounting. Yes, this is the one I went with. I like to think I am STILL considering it. But, I DO love the numbers.
Three places I want to go on vacation:
1. Ireland. I read "Scarlett" and wanted my own stone house (or was it more of a castle?) in this beautiful, green place.
2. New York. I would like to visit it and just be amazed. Though we move slower over here, so I would prolly piss someone off.
3. Australia. Kangaroos, Mate! And the accents. Ummm.
Three kid's names I like:
1. Destiny (wouldn't that be an AWFUL name for a kid of mine, I already got Derek)
2. Jordan
3. Christian
Three things I want to do before I die:
1. See my relatives. Can you tell?
2. Song at karaoke without having to be drunk.
3. Get married.
Three ways that I am stereotypically a boy:
1. I LOVE boobs. I stare at my own cleavage for goodness sake. I DRAW attention to my cleavage.
2. I will have sex and roll over and fall asleep.
3. I like a good beer.
Three ways that I am stereotypically a girl:
1. Again, I must steal from 'Zilla. Please let me hold your baby. I don't care if it spits on me. I've had worse things on me. Like vomit, not just spit up. Spit up is tame and I love how precious they are.
2. I'm starting to love pink.
3. I cry at sad movies. I do, it's embarassing.
Three celebrity crushes:
1. Christian Slater. Like 10 years ago. "Like Heathers" Christian Slater, but without the killing. I could really do without the killing.
2. Will Smith. Independence Day, MIB I and MIB II, and Wild, Wild West.
3. Emilio Esteves. Young Guns, nuff said.
Three people that I would like to see post this meme:
1. Ariel, of course. Even though she prolly stopped reading right about the time I started throwing guilt at her for leaving me when she hasn't yet.
2. Karina, Even if you do only do in on LJ, I suppose.
3. And Jenn. You are it too. When you have some time, cause DAMN this took a long time. I've been typing forever, with a quick break for South Park.
Comments
I am so glad your bump is/was a ZIT! Jesus, I'd freak if I got a zit THERE!
I freaked the hell out!
Will Smith is hot. I was watching episodes of Fresh Prince and I was like....damn, he is a DORK! But he was still hot.
Independence Day clinched it.