Friday Dinner

Ben came and brought Derek to my work. Then he took us out to dinner.

Yeah, like as SOON as I got off work, the rain started POURING.

Worse than that was that I decided to go for the sandals. It was sandal weather for most of the day. But then my feet got SO wet.

And I was waiting for the bus with Derek when this other family starts running around and beating the hell outta each other. The teen girls beat each other up, then beat a little on the more rambunctious of the two youger ones...both under 10. The two younger ones beat one each other.

The mother appeared to understand little English, or at least I HOPE she didn't understand.

Right after I told Derek not to stand on the bench, the younger one of the younger ones (that's confusing!) starts standing on it and running around. The mother said something in Spanish and the little boys YELLS out...FUCK THAT!

The mother did not even appear shocked, or even ashamed. She didn't say anything. I just can't stand some people.

Then the bus was late, cause of the Celebration, so I had to wait even longer with these people. WHY??? Once we got on the bus though, Derek was the picture of sainthood. I love that he's ALWAYS ridden the bus and knows how to act. I love that he isn't two anymore and wanting to stand on the seats. I love that I can talk to him rationally and he understands. I love the way he looks at me and askes if it's ok if he says this word or that word.

Like Junk earlier. I've started this whole....That's junk thing. He wasn't sure if it was a bad word or not. I think that innocence is so touching.

It's a shame he won't be this young forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.