Insert foot

EVERYTHING I SAY IS COMING OUT WRONG TODAY.

Normally, I have a tendency to be VERY focused on one thing. Cause if I'm not, I tend to lose track of what I am doing.
In my single-mindedness today, EVERYTHING has come out wrong.

Normally, people get that I'm not trying to be a bitch about things.
Today, people are taking offense to EVERYTHING I say.
They are prolly just teasing me, but when I try to ensure that they don't really think I am just mean, they just keep teasing me.

Some examples of the things I've said?
1) They had a special lunch thing today for exceptional service. They picked a person from each department and took them out. Two of these people got GOLD nametags, cause they are exceptionally cool. One of them was coffee girl Erin. I know her. The other person I don't really know. Here is how this conversation went:
C: Yeah, Erin and Chris got the gold nametags.
Me: Cool, Erin REALLY deserves it. (I meant this as in...I know her, I know that she is VERY nice, always helpful. Never in a bad mood)
C: Oh, Chris deserves it too. She does this and that, etc.
Me: *Just insulted someone I don't know unintentionally*
Me: *Horrified* Frantically trying to explain what I meant.

Later:
Guy from LP (walking down the aisle in front of me, prolly scanning it): Hi (very low voiced)
Me: Hi.
Quiet pleasantries exchanged. (He's nice and he always asks me how I am and stuff.) We happened to walk by someone else (prolly scanning) and he goes shush.
When I heard the shush, I was already saying something else to him.
Me: You know, you're not exactly unobtrusive there. (He is TALL, BALD, and stands out in a crowd)
LP guy: Umm, OK.
And wanders off.
Me: *Horrified that I shouldn't have been saying anything and now I've totally offended someone else*
I had to call him later and be like.....hey, I meant that you stand out in a crowd, not that I thought you weren't doing your job.
He laughed, so all should be good.
As long as I don't get in trouble for talking to the guy. :s

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.