For my own reasons...

I went to Barnes and Noble to look up The Boy who Lost His Face from the list down there.

I was like....ew...that might be gross. I SHOULD TOTALLY READ IT! ;)

These were the reviews I found. My own comments in Italics, of course.

A reviewer, a former elementary teacher, September 16, 2005, 1 out of 5 stars
A disgrace
As a former teacher and grandmother I found this book totally inappropriate for an elementary student. The language was vulgar, and the referral to 'the finger' as well as other referrals was absurd. Where was Mr. Sachar's brain? This book should be banned from the elementary library shelves (Notice how this TEACHER didn't use a period??? Aside from that.....quit being a cunt.)

Kyle, a high school student, February 15, 2005, 5 out of 5 stars
Absolutely wonderful book
This book is wonderful. Whether it is appropriate for young children or not is completely irrelevant to the quality of the book. It accurately portrays the struggles that teens often face throughout Junior High and High School. I first read this book when I was in Junior High and thoroughly enjoyed it. The language was not a detraction from the quality of the book at all. In fact, it lends it credibility. Inappropriate language and gestures are a way of life. If you don't want your child exposed to that, don't let them open their eyes, and certainly don't ever let them read a book! (LOL OH my god, THERE are some decent high school kids. Hear, hear Kyle. You are one smart guy)


Katherine Williams, 11 yrs. (the_williams_bunch@hotmail.com), A reviewer, January 12, 2005, 4 out of 5 stars
Great book!
I think the book was a good book. But at the end of it, it was disapointing and surprising. But for the rest, it was good! (All the kids reading it like it. Big surprise)

alex (dadeo12@hotmail.com), a elementary school student, December 9, 2004, 5 out of 5 stars
IT ROCKED
This book is absolutly the best book ive read... i dont really care about the swearing AND IM 11
Also recommended: Holes, wayside school is falling down (ok, so maybe he liked the swearing, he IS 11. When I was 11, I was already trying to read IT. This sounds TAME in comparison)


A Reviewer, July 15, 2004, 1 out of 5 stars
horrible
it was inapropriate for children under 12.i personally regret reading it and i love reading. (But not capitalizing....I suppose this might have been a kid, and maybe it DID offend their delicate sensibilities, but people are GONNA read what they want. You BAN them and they are just getting free publicity. Like Eminem)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.