Interestingly enough.
I was hanging out upstairs with one of our receptionists and she was telling me all sorts of things that I had NO idea about.
And how people who don't kiss ass at work don't get the recognition.
For instance, they came up with this program, supposedly to reward good customer service. Almost everyone in my department got a "thank you" note. They send them to you when they think you had exceptionally good customer service, or good ideas.
I, get thanked and indeed praised for ideas sometimes, but NO written note that I can PROUDLY hang and show people that I do indeed help out.
I take that back, I got a note from our receptionist, but at the same time, she actually sent out a thank you note to the other person she thanked. She just wrote one out for me on a piece of paper. It's a nice sentiment, but seeing as how these thank you notes go through human resources, I think they are prolly keeping track. So, the talker got a valid note and I got a handwritten one.
I was starting to get butthurt about it, but then I noticed that I am not the only one. And apparently, not kissing ass enough makes a difference. Not to mention I found out that this woman, who I thought was nice, goes around back-biting people.
This pisses me off, I kinda thought she was better than that. She is prolly the one who reports all my little stupid things that slip when my boss isn't around.
This upsets me, I've tried to pull her ass outta the fire a few times with this vendor or that and I always try to give her the benefit of the doubt. Like, oh she is just busy and that's why this person hasn't gotten paid. If she has enough time to go around back-biting, she should have enough to spend those minutes working.
I'm so sick of people talking crap behind my back. This isn't fucking HIGH SCHOOL, people.
And they wonder why I don't want to go to work. :)
And how people who don't kiss ass at work don't get the recognition.
For instance, they came up with this program, supposedly to reward good customer service. Almost everyone in my department got a "thank you" note. They send them to you when they think you had exceptionally good customer service, or good ideas.
I, get thanked and indeed praised for ideas sometimes, but NO written note that I can PROUDLY hang and show people that I do indeed help out.
I take that back, I got a note from our receptionist, but at the same time, she actually sent out a thank you note to the other person she thanked. She just wrote one out for me on a piece of paper. It's a nice sentiment, but seeing as how these thank you notes go through human resources, I think they are prolly keeping track. So, the talker got a valid note and I got a handwritten one.
I was starting to get butthurt about it, but then I noticed that I am not the only one. And apparently, not kissing ass enough makes a difference. Not to mention I found out that this woman, who I thought was nice, goes around back-biting people.
This pisses me off, I kinda thought she was better than that. She is prolly the one who reports all my little stupid things that slip when my boss isn't around.
This upsets me, I've tried to pull her ass outta the fire a few times with this vendor or that and I always try to give her the benefit of the doubt. Like, oh she is just busy and that's why this person hasn't gotten paid. If she has enough time to go around back-biting, she should have enough to spend those minutes working.
I'm so sick of people talking crap behind my back. This isn't fucking HIGH SCHOOL, people.
And they wonder why I don't want to go to work. :)
Comments