Anybody?
Does anyone know the title to a book I read that I am trying to find....actually, there are a couple. I have descriptions, but it's been awhile...
1. Something about unicorns. I read this as a kid and I can't find it anywhere. I thought it was just title unicorns, but that gets me nowhere. I think it was a collection of short stories, basically dealing in fantasy, they weren't all about Unicorns.
2. This girl's sister is deathly ill and she is having a hard time coping. Then some neighbors move in and they are pregnant and she spends a TON of time with them. They help her come to grips with it and when her sisters dies, the girl has the baby and (I think) names it after the girl's dead sister. I don't remember any names, of course. :p (MY BRAIN DOES WORK! I REMEMBERED! It's called "A Summer to Die" - by Lois Lowry - HURRAY! It's VERY sad, but good.)
3. Girl at boarding school (series) gets lost and a hermit takes her and nurses her back to health and then she must try to get back to the dorm. Dammit, I LOVED this series, why can I NOT remember the name....maybe Rebecca something. But I might be thinking of Rebecca of SunnyBrook farm.
4. What about one that has these girls being cloned. They don't know it, but one they run into each other in the real world, they are taken to a compound. Turns out they were cloned from some very smart scientist woman and whoever is cloning them is just trying to recreate her, but once they find out, the are killed.
There are so many books I read as a child that I remember and it irritates the shit outta me that I can't remember these ones so that I could re-read them.
1. Something about unicorns. I read this as a kid and I can't find it anywhere. I thought it was just title unicorns, but that gets me nowhere. I think it was a collection of short stories, basically dealing in fantasy, they weren't all about Unicorns.
2. This girl's sister is deathly ill and she is having a hard time coping. Then some neighbors move in and they are pregnant and she spends a TON of time with them. They help her come to grips with it and when her sisters dies, the girl has the baby and (I think) names it after the girl's dead sister. I don't remember any names, of course. :p (MY BRAIN DOES WORK! I REMEMBERED! It's called "A Summer to Die" - by Lois Lowry - HURRAY! It's VERY sad, but good.)
3. Girl at boarding school (series) gets lost and a hermit takes her and nurses her back to health and then she must try to get back to the dorm. Dammit, I LOVED this series, why can I NOT remember the name....maybe Rebecca something. But I might be thinking of Rebecca of SunnyBrook farm.
4. What about one that has these girls being cloned. They don't know it, but one they run into each other in the real world, they are taken to a compound. Turns out they were cloned from some very smart scientist woman and whoever is cloning them is just trying to recreate her, but once they find out, the are killed.
There are so many books I read as a child that I remember and it irritates the shit outta me that I can't remember these ones so that I could re-read them.
Comments
Was the unicorn one Tales From the Vulgar Unicorn?
No, I read it when I was very young, like maybe Derek's age. Or 8. I don't know. I know I got it off the bookmobile in Denver. It's sad that I can't seem to find it. I've tried searches in books stores and just all over the web and nothing that sounds right. :p