Teach them well and let them lead the way
It's Derek's last day of 1st grade.
Unbelievable!
The crossing guard teacher who helps the kids cross 5th street talked to me almost everyday this year. She is very nice and super sweet to the kids.
This morning we ran into her leaving the school (we were a bit early) and she was like....(very loudly)..DEREK, this is it and then you'll be a second grader.
It's crazy. A second grader? Already? Wasn't he just a baby?
He got this look on his face and it was a mix of beaming and kinda embarassment. Like...why is she making such a big fuss about it, I'm only one of the kids.
He is SO my kid. That is exactly how I feel when people make a big deal outta something I've done.
Then he went on about how he will be right across from the music classroom and they have a chess board in second grade. He is gonna practice and beat Ben, or so he says.
Then he was telling me about a game of chess they played where Derek captured Ben's queen.
Did I mention how fucking awesome my boyfriend is? You would have no idea that Derek isn't his kid.
We were talking about Jenn last night and how Derek used to throw HUGE fits, cause Orion is kinda going through the same thing. It's an age thing.
Ben just thought it was wierd that I know you through Ariel (and Chaos, at one point), when he knew you through someone else (Jennifer). So, we talked about that some. It's funny he figured that you had seen his kid more than he had.
He also agreed that her parents were crazy, and that it must of rubbed off on her.
Unbelievable!
The crossing guard teacher who helps the kids cross 5th street talked to me almost everyday this year. She is very nice and super sweet to the kids.
This morning we ran into her leaving the school (we were a bit early) and she was like....(very loudly)..DEREK, this is it and then you'll be a second grader.
It's crazy. A second grader? Already? Wasn't he just a baby?
He got this look on his face and it was a mix of beaming and kinda embarassment. Like...why is she making such a big fuss about it, I'm only one of the kids.
He is SO my kid. That is exactly how I feel when people make a big deal outta something I've done.
Then he went on about how he will be right across from the music classroom and they have a chess board in second grade. He is gonna practice and beat Ben, or so he says.
Then he was telling me about a game of chess they played where Derek captured Ben's queen.
Did I mention how fucking awesome my boyfriend is? You would have no idea that Derek isn't his kid.
We were talking about Jenn last night and how Derek used to throw HUGE fits, cause Orion is kinda going through the same thing. It's an age thing.
Ben just thought it was wierd that I know you through Ariel (and Chaos, at one point), when he knew you through someone else (Jennifer). So, we talked about that some. It's funny he figured that you had seen his kid more than he had.
He also agreed that her parents were crazy, and that it must of rubbed off on her.
Comments
I mean, obviously he know Jake, but he sure doesn't remember Paul, thank god. He got along well with Derek too. Maybe my kid is just ultra cool... ;)
DAMN!
Derek can get extremely mad, now more often, he just tries to do something and gets frustrated and I can hear him trying not to cry. Better to cry about it, instead of unleashing the fury.
It usually means he is exhausted.
He is a smart ass, he totally got it from me.
Ugh.
That's so awesome- your baby's a big boy now!