By Popular Request

Well, I guess I will be quite the copier here and do my own pregnancy story. For those who have heard this, QUIT READING.

I started hanging out with Jake right around Christmas of 1996. We prolly started sleeping together shortly after. After Ericka moved out, at least. But on her bed, cause she was a mean crazy bitch.

We officially decided we would be a couple right before Valentine’s Day. The night before to be exact. He was “allergic” to condoms (found out later this wasn’t true, and maybe I am naïve and I think he believed it) and I figured we had gone out before and nothing had happened, so maybe I wasn’t meant to have kids. Yeah, I know it was stupid, teenage girls do stupid things.

I was late by the 12th of March. I was NEVER late then. I suspected, but could quite believe it. I went in to get birth control and informed them I was late. They were going to just give me the pill and not do a pregnancy test, so that I could start them immediately. I told them I would feel better if I had the test. Ben came with me, actually. Also Michelle…hmm, I don’t know her last name. She used to stay with Tony and Shea.
Jake had a job interview. I told him that I would see him later, as long as I wasn’t pregnant, I was gonna go to school.

When the woman came back in, she had the saddest look on her face. I had already known kinda, and found myself trying to comfort her. “It’s ok, I kinda knew, and I can deal with this.”

She didn’t appear convinced, but sent me off with prenatal vitamins and all sorts of ideas. Insurance and getting a doctor mainly.

Went downtown and saw Jake. He said something to the effect of….Why do I feel like going and sitting in the middle of traffic?”
Which I thought was really nice.
Called school, told the person who answered (who told EVERYONE else) that I was calling in pregnant.
Went to New Roads, called Heather A. who I told…Wow, I haven’t even cried yet.
She was like, you shouldn’t, it’s supposed to be a happy thing.

At 16 and homeless, I was supposed to happy?

Jake came around to the idea after I told him that if he couldn’t handle it, then he needed to leave. I could handle it, even on my own. He was surprised and said it was nice of me to offer, but that he would be fine. I guess he was surprised after being with crazy bitch who was pregnant every other month, that someone would even give him the option to leave.

I had a fairly average pregnancy. I kept waiting for the stomach to get past the breasts so that people would know I was pregnant and not just think I was fat. I still got a person who didn’t realize when I was 8 months pregnant. Two part time jobs and finishing high school. Also, saving money since I didn’t have to pay rent.
I saved about $700, but it sure went fast.

I was CONVINCED that I was having a girl. That’s all there was too it, it was my body and I was a girl and I wanted a girl, so it would be a girl. Everyone else told me that it was a boy. Jake and I argued about it back and forth.

Time came to figure it out. I think I was about 4 of 5 months along and I was told how much to drink and all the rules. Someone in the pregnancy house told me that so and so had to drink about a gallon of water. I drank at least a gallon, when they told me two glasses. Laura had offered to drive me and they told me not to pee for an hour beforehand. I was CRYING by the time they saw me. They asked what was wrong, and I said “I really need to pee.” They were like, Go, it’s not ok if you are that uncomfortable.

Ok, and I should totally remember this, but Jake was at work, so I had Laura, and I think (please forgive me, if so) That girl. The boy was not gonna show us his stuff, just like now, really. He’s so shy. :)
They had me get up after about 20 minutes and go to the bathroom again. I did, and felt so much better. Then they were able to see. Of course it was a boy, I didn’t even want to tell Jake he was right. I debated not telling him, but I knew that would never work. He almost crowed, since he was right.

Found an apartment with a complete idiot, but we were running outta time and needed something before I started really freaking. The idiot didn’t even have a telephone, cause he could pay his bills on time. Jake couldn’t get one and they wouldn’t let 17 year old me have one. Pregnant without a phone or car, I spent a LOT of time worrying about how I would get to the hospital if the busses weren’t running at the time.
I spent the whole day before running around. I’d went into work, but they had errands to run, so I went along. We went to Carls Jr. and ordered. It felt like it took FOREVER, and I start muttering about “fast food, right!”

They were shocked, good natured Des was becoming easily annoyed. They made some joke about never taking me out to lunch again. They had a holiday dinner that night, so I didn’t go home into Springfield, I just went to the library.

There was a reporter who had wanted to follow me around for a day. I was more than happy to answer questions, but I didn’t want them following me. She was persistent, I finally went inside and asked Marilyn to get her to leave me alone. I had also been on the news, or something for Mother’s day that year. Ericka woke up that morning, turned on her TV, and was confronted with me talking about being pregnant. HA!

Finally got home and Jake was hanging out with Paul and Heather in the bedroom, and think they could tell I was annoyed, cause they left quick. I woke up a lot that night, feeling like I needed to pee, but then not much came out.

Labor day, story to follow, this is too long.
Does this help your boredom, Karina?

Comments

Brandy said…
hahah- I remember the "having to pee" thing.

i figured- i had to go pee so often, that i could just go... and surely the bladder would be full by the time they squirted the lotion on my belly and got me prepped to see the baby :)

That's so funny!! you convinced yourself it was a girl! :)
okay, more!

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.