What goes around comes around

So, I'm TOTALLY cute today and NO ONE has said anything. I took extra time putting the hair up, with little tendrils. And makeup and everything.

Oh well.

Instead, my reward for today must have been just a few minutes ago. When I bit the bullet, and called Jake.
One half ring and then STRAIGHT INTO VOICE MAIL. My prayers have been answered. I left a DETAILED message telling him he should call me back and leave a message telling me when he would be in. All I said was....Derek's birthday is Sunday, so let me know a time when you're gonna come and pick him up.

I'm smooth.

Anyhow, I hope my luck holds out and he doesn't call me back.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Des! You're radiant! Have you done something different today? Maybe it's your hair ...

Sometimes people are such self-absorbed clods, aren't they? I hate it when I've taken pains and nobody notices. Therefore, when I do bother with the hair and make-up (I hate wearing make-up) I walk into whichever room Hubby is parked in and ANNOUNCE to everyone, "Hi! I'm VERY cute today!"

And they ALL agree, because if they don't, I'm NOT cooking dinner.

I am such a SNOT!
Floyd's Lists said…
Every time Floyd puts on makeup and does his hair nice, people just stare and giggle. What the fuck is up with that?
SWSNBN said…
I do the same thing Zilla.

But this time I'd thought I'd see if anyone noticed. Usually at least SOMEONE from work is like....you look different today.

I like to wear make up, sometimes. And only on my terms. Maybe, maybe once a month. More like bi-monthly. :)
SWSNBN said…
Oh Floyd, I DON'T know.

Over here in Oregon, guys wear make-up far more often than anywear else, I'd suppose.

Well, maybe besides Hollywood.
Floyd's Lists said…
Perhaps it's the beard that makes the look wrong?
SWSNBN said…
Maybe. I guess most of the guys I see wearing makeup are usually clean shaven.

I guess that makes sense.

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.