SOMEONE thinks I do a good job.

I had to email a guy at our warehouse.

He's funny and nice. I wish I could work out there, cause I could get away with more. They are SO much more laid back. It doesn't matter out there if they say Fuck.

Anyhow, enough background.
I deal with him a for all our returns stuff. He ships it. I get the paperwork. When I don't get the proper paperwork, I call him or shoot him an email.

I'd had to ask for this thing twice. It prolly got handed to the wrong person, or something. Not a big deal. My desk is also a disaster area, but I haven't found it, so I don't thikn I got it.

I apologized for bugging him about it again..in case it's my fault, and I KNOW they are SUPER busy out there. I couldn't do it. Lifting things all day. My back is not good. Me lifting DO NOT go together.

He sent me this back..


You don’t bother me at all. You’re very pleasant to deal with, and I appreciate that you are straightforward with the problems & questions that come up.

I wish more people were like that!

As far as the fax goes: nice to know that yours works. Ours is a POS – and that doesn’t stand for Point of Sale.
(see, you're ALLOWED to have a sense of humor out there)

I wrote back thanks and how I felt complimented. I tried to be funny, hopefully it came off right. Tone in email is hard to get. I told him that I found the fax thing funny, and that some people I work with wouldn't GET that.

I FEEL GOOD ABOUT TODAY. I've done something well. And BEING DIRECT? Not exactly something I thought I was terribly good at. Maybe I'm better than I thought.

Comments

Floyd's Lists said…
Floyd suggests that you send this warehouse monkey the picture of your cleavage. You'll never have to ask twice for anything ever again.
Morgan said…
LOL at floyd's comment!
What a nice compliment to receive from that guy at work! I agree with him- it is great when people are direct.
You have a cute site!
Katie
SWSNBN said…
Yes, but then I would probably be fired, and if not fired, then I don't think he'd look at me the same again.

We're not even ALLOWED to wear low cut shirts at work.

I kinda like my little "double life". Accountant by day, cleavage fiend by night. :)
SWSNBN said…
Thanks Katie.

I was just surprised, cause I didn't really think being direct was something I was good at.

I'm so much better at email than in real life. :p

Floyd is funny as hell.
Floyd's Lists said…
It's just like Floyd said at his last job: "If cleavage is a crime, then Floyd is guilty as sin!"

If your job frowns upon the display of cleavage, then it sounds like you ought to tell the 146-year-old faggot running the company to jam a fondue fork squarely in his useless heebie-jeebies.

But, that's just Floyd...
Floyd's Lists said…
By the way, you'd be shocked to learn how few companies are willing to hire someone who always refers to himself in the third person. FUCK!
SWSNBN said…
I don't know. It's just a dress code. I appreciate not seeing some of these people that I work with's cleavage.

Yeah, I could see how that might hinder the job interview and the job itself. *grin*

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.