OMG FRIDAY!

There was NO way I was gonna miss the Daytime Grammies last Friday. I dispatched the boyfriend to the living room, although later he was bored and came and read in the room instead. Kelly Monaco was hosting and GOD I LOVE HER. Seriously...she's hot and just a really good actress.
So I laid there and watched THE WHOLE THING. Though I did somehow miss Rick Springfield singing. I was semi-excited about that, but oh well. I had Ben bring me a drink and I sat there and BASKED IN SOAP OPERA-Y goodness. Also, the guy who "does" Elmo's cuteness. Though he CERTAINLY didn't LOOK like he should sound like Elmo.
It wasn't JUST Soap Opera awards, they had Sesame Street and some talk shows and game shows....and "service" shows - that means food shows, I guess, cause Rachel Ray won.
But mostly soap operas. And I just kept HOPING for someone I cared about to win...I mean...Scott Clifton (Dillon) SHOULD have WON for younger actor, but whatever.
I was VERY excited to have Anthony Geary win for Outstanding Actor. He's LUKE for Chris sakes! He deserved to win. I wish Kelly had won for Outstanding Actress (I think...maybe she was younger actress..I can't remember now)
And when General Hospital won for BEST Drama, I almost screamed. It's nice to feel validated when your show wins. I might love One Life a little more, but General Hospital has better story telling and acting. I admit this. But they are my guilty pleasure anyhow, and I know not much of you care, so I will stop talking about it.
The height of my decadence though? On commercials, I would watch General Hospital from my tape. I got Soap Operas from ALL angles.
It was AWESOME.

Comments

AnywhereEden said…
Yay, for Rachel Ray! I love her! She's just so damned cute.
SWSNBN said…
She IS cute. Even if she says YUMMO a little too often. That's stupid.
I still LOVE $40 a day...even though I could eat on $15 a day.
It's still an interesting show.
Brandy said…
OH my GOD! You like CAPITALIZED every other WORD in this POST!
it was funny :)
SWSNBN said…
I was VERY excited!!!!111!.
=)

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.