Karma
So...here at my work, you get punished for competence. I do like the respect, but other people get to screw around and it's fine. Either it's because they aren't full time and they are kids (some of whom are my age), or because they FREAK OUT easily.
Apparently, freaking out easily will get you out of any real work. This is why the sniffer can just sit and stare.
The boss actually told someone that she wasn't doing anything right that moment, because when we give her too much to do, she freaks out.
Sounds like a free pass out of doing anything hard, or anything besides one thing. I multi-task all the time.
And the TALKER TODAY! She's ALREADY planning for this weekend...what if so and so doesn't come in, can you come in? If you don't want to, you better not answer your phone. And so on and so on. Earlier, there was a problem with the customer service phone and I called her to let her know and to have her transfer any customer service calls to my phone until it was fixed. The first thing she says is..I don't know anything about the phone being broken.
Me, through gritted teeth, I AM TELLING YOU RIGHT NOW THAT THE PHONE IS BROKEN, PLEASE SEND ANY CALLS TO ME UNTIL THEY FIX IT.
Oh, ok.
Seriously. She's SO blond. She managed to rope me into lunch to Friday's in a row, because I am too nice to just out right say..I can't stand lunch with you. The first Friday, she offered to buy me lunch..so what was I supposed to say? I don't like you SO much that I WON'T EVEN TAKE YOUR MONEY? We had lunch and she bitched the WHOLE time about how she doesn't have any money. Then don't take people out for lunch, right?
It just made me feel guilty. Then last week, I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and she sat with me for 25 minutes until I could get away.
It tries my patience. I've made lunch plans with someone else tomorrow on purpose. We are going to wander the street fair on campus. Hopefully there will be yummy food.
Apparently, freaking out easily will get you out of any real work. This is why the sniffer can just sit and stare.
The boss actually told someone that she wasn't doing anything right that moment, because when we give her too much to do, she freaks out.
Sounds like a free pass out of doing anything hard, or anything besides one thing. I multi-task all the time.
And the TALKER TODAY! She's ALREADY planning for this weekend...what if so and so doesn't come in, can you come in? If you don't want to, you better not answer your phone. And so on and so on. Earlier, there was a problem with the customer service phone and I called her to let her know and to have her transfer any customer service calls to my phone until it was fixed. The first thing she says is..I don't know anything about the phone being broken.
Me, through gritted teeth, I AM TELLING YOU RIGHT NOW THAT THE PHONE IS BROKEN, PLEASE SEND ANY CALLS TO ME UNTIL THEY FIX IT.
Oh, ok.
Seriously. She's SO blond. She managed to rope me into lunch to Friday's in a row, because I am too nice to just out right say..I can't stand lunch with you. The first Friday, she offered to buy me lunch..so what was I supposed to say? I don't like you SO much that I WON'T EVEN TAKE YOUR MONEY? We had lunch and she bitched the WHOLE time about how she doesn't have any money. Then don't take people out for lunch, right?
It just made me feel guilty. Then last week, I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and she sat with me for 25 minutes until I could get away.
It tries my patience. I've made lunch plans with someone else tomorrow on purpose. We are going to wander the street fair on campus. Hopefully there will be yummy food.
Comments
I think you like punishment ;)
Karina - Yes, I do. I'm not good at it. I hate telling people no.