My kid

He takes an HOUR to get ready for bed. Not really, but the other night, I was just like..fine, you will get ready five minutes early.
That did little good today. Tomorrow, he gets ready ten minutes early.

He just takes so long if I am not riding his ass, and it's frustrating.
But what REALLY steamed my biscuit, was tonight when I asked him about something.
Something was bothering me, the sun has been waking him up early and he would get up and shut the door. Most mornings, he would already be awake when I got up and have the door shut. I figured nothing of it.
Until I realized that EVERY morning when I would go in there, he would look at me quickly, with that guilty look. He has the BEST guilty look. I'm SO glad he gives himself away, who knows how long it would have happened without me noticing.
So...I start thinking about it...and I'm thinking...well...maybe he is playing with stuff...down there....everyone does. And perhaps that is the source of the guilty look?
So, tonight, while we are already talking about how fucking long everything takes when he is screwing around, I decided to broach the subject.
At first, I figured, if he appears too embarassed, perhaps I should not push it?
But instead of embarassed, he just said he was doing nothing and no amount of talking would get it out of him.
I threatened to take away the Yu-Gi-Oh blanket. Still nothing.
I told him not to ask anything of me then, for awhile.
Things like..can we get this movie, can we go here...basically, he was in trouble until he could tell me what was SO bad that he had to shut the door. Obviously, if he feels like he HAS to shut the door, it's something he doesn't think he should be doing.

He finally gave it up. He's been playing the FUCKING video game in his room in the morning. The GODDAMN GAMEBOY. The games that he is limited to an hour daily with.
The games that we have done our best to monitor...Jake is a fucking video game addict, and while Derek may be his son, he will not be fucking addicted to them. To the point where he does little else.
He even HAD his video game in the room with him! All ready for the morning. This is crap! I took the game from him. I am not sure if we are grounding him from the game. But it will be kept under lock and key, at this point.
Basically. It will be in the closet, it will go back in the closet.
If we can't trust him, we have to remove the temptation, which is what I shall explain to him.
(I am trying SO HARD to express that lying is not ok...I did it too often as a kid, and I was believable. It was bad for me. Sometimes she would catch me, but if she'd caught me when I said he never touched me, life coulda been better...perhaps she didn't want to know then.)
I'm vascillating between being bitchy and bitter and crying tonight. But now I am done.

I am going to bed, perhaps after catching up on all my comments from Karina.
WHOA GIRL! You make a lot of comments and I LOVE it. I'm such a comment whore.

Comments

AnywhereEden said…
So, which is worse, him playing the video game in the morning or him playing with himself in the morning? :)

What would you have done if he was just like "Well Mom, my penis won't stay down in the morning so I wiggle it until it does, duh!"

LOL
That would have been an amusing story, almost as good as Tammi's story about Josh and the masturbation talk.
Heehee.
I'm just glad my daughter's never gonna wake up with mornin wood that I have to explain. Thank goodness!
Brandy said…
Hm.
Okay, I Completely know where you're coming from on video game addiciton.

You're not teaching him to know his limits, though, you're teaching him he needs to be sneakier about his addiction.

My ex was addicted to video and 'net games to the point he'd skip work to play them. He left his son in daycare so he could come home and play them.

I completely feel you. I don't think you're removing the temptation though. Does he understand why there's a limit? Does he have other interests to persue?
SWSNBN said…
Ariel - I don't like that he lied about it. That he did something KNOWING it was wrong. So I would rather have had him masturbating....but how to explain it?
Eep. I don't know. I figure I won't know until I get there.

Karina - I know that he understands that we believe that he would play all day without the limit. I know that he knows that we think that there is more to life than video games, but that doesn't mean that's the way he thinks of it.
Earlier this evening, he said if I get up early in the morning, I could finish my book. I just don't want him lying to me.

RD - Ranting....mostly. I don't mind advice. Mostly. =)
When I don't get butt hurt.
Damn kids and video games. I like some games, but not like that.
Brandy said…
Thank god it's a gameboy and not masturbation.

Does that help perspective at all? :)
SWSNBN said…
I don't know. Part of me KNOWS that it WILL happen.
I'm almost of the "getting it over with" opinion. =)

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.