My kid got me thinking..
Just because I KNOW he is gonna do stupid crap.
I did stupid crap, it's only nature that he will.
So...I'm thinking about doing some sort of installment on the stupid stunts I pulled as a kid.
In order of age, I think...as long as I am remembering correctly.
I found some cigarettes of my mom's when I was nine. I thought maybe that it would be COOL to smoke. I tried it, without inhaling, cause I didn't know anything about that.
I was rather impressed with myself, that I KNEW how to smoke and that I didn't cough or anything. She found the cigarettes in my drawer. I'm about as sneaky as Derek is turning out to be, which, thankfully is not very sneaky.
She found them and I got a whole raft of crap for it. Of course, I was NINE. I shoulda been beat, really.
I didn't do that again until I was 12....boy I sure don't learn quickly. That was when I was escaping the house, baby brother in tow, to hang out on the other side of our apartments, where I would not be seen. I found some AWESOME girls, totally cool, tough, badass girls. I was SO happy that they wanted to be friends with me. So...yeah, I was like...sure I've smoked (all badass myself *smirk*). And they handed me one and watched me and then they were like you didn't inhale.
Me = 0_o. Like WTH are the talking about? I don't even know what that means. Then they showed me how, and I did. Again, I didn't cough, I would assume that living in a house where both adults smoked, my lungs were more than a little accustomed to it.
That's what I NEVER understood. How she could be like..don't smoke, but they did. And they did it right around me. Which means I was still inhaling smoke, maybe not first hand, but still. It's not healthy. This might have been one of the first times that I realized that my mother was a HUGE hypocrite. I don't think I really ever took her seriously when she talking about how she didn't want me to smoke. How could I?
Once, the neighbor girl and I were smoking on the porch, thought we were cool and then her stepfather came up the stairs and we dropped the cigarette behind the couch! Even then, I was one of those people who CAN NOT let things go. The minute he was gone, I was searching for that cigarette. It more than likely, would've just went out, the balcony was concrete, but I think I was worried that it would start the carpet on fire.
We laughed about it afterwards.
When I was in my shoplifting stage, I would steal cigarettes right off the front counter at 7-11. I would ask for something and they would bend over and I'd just grab them. I thought I was uber-cool. To be able to smoke three that day and give the rest out. That always amused me.
This habit of stealing and giving out cigarettes might have gotten me my first boyfriend. He was a semi-bad boy. He had a job and was 15, I was almost 13 and thought...wow, this guy likes me. We never even kissed, in that whole couple of months we went out, so he must not have been much of a bad boy. Before I moved here, and didn't even get a chance to tell him. I don't think he had a phone, we were in the same white trash class, at least.
He's prolly still the boyfriend I remember the fondest, just cause it was so unexpected, when he asked me out and we used to just hold hands. Young love, I guess. He never screwed me around and he was just very nice all around. We were SO unsure of each other. I remember the day that my sister was running around the apartments and she was like....he wants to talk to you, I think he's gonna ask you out and I was like....no way. The only boy I really liked at that time, I'd finally gotten the courage to ask to go to a dance with me, and then I lost my nerve and didn't go. That went over badly, so being asked out..I was like 0_o...this boy likes ME?? Are you sure? I don't think so. And then he did ask me out and I was dumbstruck. I'm sure I agreed, but the details seem fuzzy from then on in. This boy might have also been the first boy to tell me how he felt...which I am a HUGE sucker for. When a guy tells me he likes me, I am lost. It doesn't really matter if I didn't like him much. I'm surprised it took Ben so long, but most of the time I thought...well, he's just kidding, really. He doesn't mean it. He just flirts, cause he flirts. It's what we do.
Next installment? Maybe when I started playing with fire, or maybe my shoplifting, or Maybe my playing chicken. Those were all pretty stupid.
I'm really lucky to be alive.
I did stupid crap, it's only nature that he will.
So...I'm thinking about doing some sort of installment on the stupid stunts I pulled as a kid.
In order of age, I think...as long as I am remembering correctly.
I found some cigarettes of my mom's when I was nine. I thought maybe that it would be COOL to smoke. I tried it, without inhaling, cause I didn't know anything about that.
I was rather impressed with myself, that I KNEW how to smoke and that I didn't cough or anything. She found the cigarettes in my drawer. I'm about as sneaky as Derek is turning out to be, which, thankfully is not very sneaky.
She found them and I got a whole raft of crap for it. Of course, I was NINE. I shoulda been beat, really.
I didn't do that again until I was 12....boy I sure don't learn quickly. That was when I was escaping the house, baby brother in tow, to hang out on the other side of our apartments, where I would not be seen. I found some AWESOME girls, totally cool, tough, badass girls. I was SO happy that they wanted to be friends with me. So...yeah, I was like...sure I've smoked (all badass myself *smirk*). And they handed me one and watched me and then they were like you didn't inhale.
Me = 0_o. Like WTH are the talking about? I don't even know what that means. Then they showed me how, and I did. Again, I didn't cough, I would assume that living in a house where both adults smoked, my lungs were more than a little accustomed to it.
That's what I NEVER understood. How she could be like..don't smoke, but they did. And they did it right around me. Which means I was still inhaling smoke, maybe not first hand, but still. It's not healthy. This might have been one of the first times that I realized that my mother was a HUGE hypocrite. I don't think I really ever took her seriously when she talking about how she didn't want me to smoke. How could I?
Once, the neighbor girl and I were smoking on the porch, thought we were cool and then her stepfather came up the stairs and we dropped the cigarette behind the couch! Even then, I was one of those people who CAN NOT let things go. The minute he was gone, I was searching for that cigarette. It more than likely, would've just went out, the balcony was concrete, but I think I was worried that it would start the carpet on fire.
We laughed about it afterwards.
When I was in my shoplifting stage, I would steal cigarettes right off the front counter at 7-11. I would ask for something and they would bend over and I'd just grab them. I thought I was uber-cool. To be able to smoke three that day and give the rest out. That always amused me.
This habit of stealing and giving out cigarettes might have gotten me my first boyfriend. He was a semi-bad boy. He had a job and was 15, I was almost 13 and thought...wow, this guy likes me. We never even kissed, in that whole couple of months we went out, so he must not have been much of a bad boy. Before I moved here, and didn't even get a chance to tell him. I don't think he had a phone, we were in the same white trash class, at least.
He's prolly still the boyfriend I remember the fondest, just cause it was so unexpected, when he asked me out and we used to just hold hands. Young love, I guess. He never screwed me around and he was just very nice all around. We were SO unsure of each other. I remember the day that my sister was running around the apartments and she was like....he wants to talk to you, I think he's gonna ask you out and I was like....no way. The only boy I really liked at that time, I'd finally gotten the courage to ask to go to a dance with me, and then I lost my nerve and didn't go. That went over badly, so being asked out..I was like 0_o...this boy likes ME?? Are you sure? I don't think so. And then he did ask me out and I was dumbstruck. I'm sure I agreed, but the details seem fuzzy from then on in. This boy might have also been the first boy to tell me how he felt...which I am a HUGE sucker for. When a guy tells me he likes me, I am lost. It doesn't really matter if I didn't like him much. I'm surprised it took Ben so long, but most of the time I thought...well, he's just kidding, really. He doesn't mean it. He just flirts, cause he flirts. It's what we do.
Next installment? Maybe when I started playing with fire, or maybe my shoplifting, or Maybe my playing chicken. Those were all pretty stupid.
I'm really lucky to be alive.
Comments