Brace Yourselves
The other day I was telling someone how we need to get Bruce Campbell in for an author signing. I REALLY want him to come. We have authors ALL the time, we should be able to get someone who lives in Oregon.
But no luck so far...sorry, I hope I didn't get you too excited.
What you have to brace yourselves for is...
THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT KNOW WHO BRUCE IS!!!
I found it hard to believe as well. I tried to explain about Evil Dead and it's cult following, but then they just thought that he wrote about cults. And they didn't like that, I wouldn't either.
Then when I tried to explain about how the movie was SUPPOSED to be scary, but it was just campy instead.
AND THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT CAMPY MEANT?
What???
Is this a new word?
I am constantly using words that people question me on. Once we had a lively discussion on if "dowdy" was a word and I was right. It totally is.
Maybe I should not expect vocabulary from accountants?
But no luck so far...sorry, I hope I didn't get you too excited.
What you have to brace yourselves for is...
THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT KNOW WHO BRUCE IS!!!
I found it hard to believe as well. I tried to explain about Evil Dead and it's cult following, but then they just thought that he wrote about cults. And they didn't like that, I wouldn't either.
Then when I tried to explain about how the movie was SUPPOSED to be scary, but it was just campy instead.
AND THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT CAMPY MEANT?
What???
Is this a new word?
I am constantly using words that people question me on. Once we had a lively discussion on if "dowdy" was a word and I was right. It totally is.
Maybe I should not expect vocabulary from accountants?
Comments
Recycled Illusions - BRUCE seminar. That would rock. I want them to have him come and sign books. Man, he's in MOVIES! He's famous, and I would like to think he'd do it. But maybe he charges fees and stuff. =S
I still haven't got a response from our author events person.