Kinda pissed at myself

I've managed to lose my headphones.
And when I say headphones, I mean the WHOLE DAMN THING. Not just the headphones, but everything. i.e. No music.
I can't really take this. Those headphones are my armor.
I don't know if I left them at work and someone took them, I don't know if I took them outta my bag at Walmart while changing (I have a bad history of losing crap while changing), I don't know if I left them in Karina's car. I emailed her, but today is Ruby day (cringe) and so she's busy and hasn't gotten back to me.
If I did, I have a fear that they might have well been nabbed, or even fell out the numerous times I was in and out of the car, trying to get everything together. Making sure my ID and bus pass were where I could find them easily, making sure my lip gloss was put away.
This and that and the other thing.
I was a little drunk when I got out of the car, so perhaps I didn't see them and left them?
I don't know people. I am sad.
If I didn't, I don't have a clue where I put them.
I looked all over my usual places at the house, and even called to verify that they were not in the bedroom. Unless I've hidden them exceedingly well for some reason, they are not there.
It's SO ingrained in me to put them in my back pack, that it seems weird that I wouldn't have. But I was in a hurry on Friday night. I figured that I'd probably left them in my drawer at work. It's happened, and they've always been there when I got back. I've left CDs in there and they've been there. Perhaps they don't like my taste in music, but they needed a CD player?
I've tore apart my desk, I haven't made it home yet to tear apart my house, and I will be calling Karina when I get home to see if she might (hopefully) have them.
Now...everyone is prolly thinking...look, you made it through the weekend without them.
Yes, but I didn't have to go anywhere, which makes a LARGE difference.
They are my armor, as I said above. They protect me from stupid people on the bus..do you KNOW HOW GRUMPY I would be if I had to listen to them everyday?
They got me through (not these particular ones of course) that horrible last Christmas at home. That Christmas where I threatened to put my head through the TV. Half jokingly.
Christmas' were the worst at my house. My mom tried SO hard to get everything PERFECT that everyone was tense and pissed off every day up to that day. Christmas was usually good, but that was the first Christmas where I was TRULY aware of what was going on around me. I'd moved back home and I was trying SO hard to help out. I would take the initiative and do this, but it wouldn't be good enough. It was never good enough. I tried to help with this, and no thanks...just stop and do this instead.
But that wasn't good enough either.
I left home again shortly after that. Right after the New Year.
Listening to NIN - Pretty Hate Machine, over and over again, outside, chain smoking.
Escaping the house basically.
I still do that when I am just too upset to be rational. Now I listen to things like Eminem though. I especially like Never Enough because it fits how my mind is racing.
Today I stole Ben's headphones. But I can't just keep doing that.
If it was ANY closer to my birthday, I'd call it fate and go buy that IPOD I've been salivating over...and just hope that my Dad would send enough in Birthday money to make it work out, and not screw me.
But it's just not close enough. Less than two months is still too long away.
More than likely, I will have to head downtown to the CD/Game Exchange and buy a used CD player. They don't have IPOD's, at least none I've ever seen.
I wonder if Pawn Shops would. That would be awesome. Except you'd just have to hope that everything was ok with it.
I'll keep you all posted, of course, on this, the saga of the lost headphones.

Comments

Brandy said…
I lost my sunglasses :(
SWSNBN said…
Sad panda.
We have some cheap. Under ten bucks.
I would just grab you some, but I don't shop well for others. =S

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.