Ok, I lied a little...

I guess I got at least two posts in me today.

Earlier, We were all eating dinner and Derek and I were talking about lying. He said that I've lied to him and I said when.
He said when you told me you had laser eyes.
Me - How do you know that I don't?
Derek - I'm EIGHT, what do you expect me to believe, that there are super powers? They teach you that in college (he thought this was UPROARIOUSLY funny), cause we had been talking about college before that.
Me - Well, then HOW do you know the're aren't super powers?
He never did tell me how.
I just LOVED his little speech, he sounded SO grown up telling me about how he IS eight now.

Course later we had problems, he was lying about washing his hands and I caught him. Then, I made him wash his face again, since he said he'd also washed his face. He was SO UPSET! I already did wash my face, he just kept saying over and over. I was like, I DON'T care, you are washing your face again, cause you are in trouble.
He then just cried about it.
I've found a new weapon in my arsenal of torture for him! I make him wash his face. It's a FATE WORSE THAN DEATH!
Then he got a time out, since he was SO upset. He told Ben and I that he wished he could kick us both out of the house, and even that he wished we'd never existed. I'm glad I can just laugh about it. I know he doesn't mean it, but damn. He's got some pretty mean things to say to us sometimes.
I swear, I don't need a little girl, it's like I already have a THIRTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL IN MY HOUSE. He's so melodramatic and just fine the next minute. He was just fine when I went in to read to him.

Comments

AnywhereEden said…
Me too, I swear Mina went straight from the terrible twos to puberty over night. I have a teenage girl int he body of a 7 year old.
SWSNBN said…
I just have to hope it doesn't go on until he is a teenager.
I swear, talk about mood swings. When I went in there to read to him, he was all chirpy and just like nothing had happened, when bare moments before, he was yelling.

I told him..look, you may be able to get over this quickly, but I don't, and I'm just a little upset right now. I don't appreciate being lied to and then I explained calmly that even if he HAD washed his face, he had to do it again for lying to me. Just in case.
Kids. Meh.
Brandy said…
*LMAO*
That's hilarious!!!!!
I love Derek's tirades :)

(because they're not MY child.. yet)
SWSNBN said…
Did you see the one at Gateway?
He HATED me inside the Gateway Mall.
I was like...that's fine, but you need to go outside and hate me.

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.