What about your friends?
So, my best friend called me last night, just to check up on me. YAY! She rocks. I am visiting her this weekend, but I have an ulterior motive. She is going to let me do my taxes on-line. WOOHOO!.
So, then my guy friend calls (who you should all be familiar with by now) and it was his birthday yesterday. We called and told him Happy Birthday through a message because he wasn't there. So, he calls and thanks us. Then he says something about coming over next weekend. I was putting the kid to bed, so I had to pass the phone to the boyfriend at this point. I start thinking..."Wow, maybe my ranting worked, he actually wants to come over". Usually I call him and tell him he is coming over (cuz I am bossy), but this time, he made the first move.
After my boyfriend got off the phone, he asks me how much our friend told me. I tell him and he tells me that said friend got a gambling set for his birthday and he wants to bring it over and "make it interesting". I am guessing he means gambling for money.
I am not good at gambling. I don't do it. Ok, rarely. I don't usually win and I don't feel the need to "throw" my money away. So, I might as well give him my money. But, what the hell? I am hella poor and I don't really want to provide the "party" and then give him my money. Which is what I am going to tell him. In a nice way, so I don't hurt his feelings.
I swear, sometimes that boy is like a teenage girl. He gets so offended over nothing. Actually, he uses this phrase "butt-hurt" which I kind of like. So, I don't want to make him butt-hurt, but I am not willing to part with my money.
What is the saying, "A fool and his money are easily parted"? I do not consider myself a fool. Wish me luck. Hopefully, I can get my message across without making him butt-hurt. ;p.
So, then my guy friend calls (who you should all be familiar with by now) and it was his birthday yesterday. We called and told him Happy Birthday through a message because he wasn't there. So, he calls and thanks us. Then he says something about coming over next weekend. I was putting the kid to bed, so I had to pass the phone to the boyfriend at this point. I start thinking..."Wow, maybe my ranting worked, he actually wants to come over". Usually I call him and tell him he is coming over (cuz I am bossy), but this time, he made the first move.
After my boyfriend got off the phone, he asks me how much our friend told me. I tell him and he tells me that said friend got a gambling set for his birthday and he wants to bring it over and "make it interesting". I am guessing he means gambling for money.
I am not good at gambling. I don't do it. Ok, rarely. I don't usually win and I don't feel the need to "throw" my money away. So, I might as well give him my money. But, what the hell? I am hella poor and I don't really want to provide the "party" and then give him my money. Which is what I am going to tell him. In a nice way, so I don't hurt his feelings.
I swear, sometimes that boy is like a teenage girl. He gets so offended over nothing. Actually, he uses this phrase "butt-hurt" which I kind of like. So, I don't want to make him butt-hurt, but I am not willing to part with my money.
What is the saying, "A fool and his money are easily parted"? I do not consider myself a fool. Wish me luck. Hopefully, I can get my message across without making him butt-hurt. ;p.
Comments