Help, I need somebody
So, I was sitting here before lunch minding my own business, when I hear someone at the Customer Service asking about the elevator.
We have one elevator. Not very PC of us and all that, but it is usually fine. Unless someone is using it for unloading, which was the case. So, no one else hops up to help this guy and I end up deciding....oh, I can get the elevator. I will just use the intercom.
I walk him over there and I call through the intercom and they don't say anything. So, I try again. Again, no response. So, I hit the button and it starts moving. I figure I will help the guy on the elevator cause I pushed up and he needed down. (Just another case of my trying to be someone else's mother) So, I ride the elevator down and he still looks kind of lost, which I understand because our elevator lets you out in our restocking area and it looks nothing like our Art department. So, I walk him around to the Art dept, and he still looks lost. Did I mention this guy has a speech impediment, so I don't really understand him anyways? So, I find the address books for him and then he wants to just look around.....15 minutes later he is trying out all the colored pencils while I stand there looking like his personal lackey.
Twice I thought I was gonna be able to pawn him off (I work in Accounting for chrissakes, not the Art Dept) but these people know him and apparently he will just keep talking if you don't move on. So, they were both like...I better get back to work.
After that I was like, I gotta go, my boss is prolly wondering where I am and I tell him to have a nice day.
I kind of felt like I had done my good deed for the day. But then I started telling everyone (what else is new) and it kind of detracts from it if I am crowing about how nice I am. I kept thinking one of these days, I am gonna get some recognition from a customer. I guess it is next to impossible when I don't wear my name tag. I just want to be written up in our customer comments or given a "hokey" applauseogram. I am such a dork ;p
We have one elevator. Not very PC of us and all that, but it is usually fine. Unless someone is using it for unloading, which was the case. So, no one else hops up to help this guy and I end up deciding....oh, I can get the elevator. I will just use the intercom.
I walk him over there and I call through the intercom and they don't say anything. So, I try again. Again, no response. So, I hit the button and it starts moving. I figure I will help the guy on the elevator cause I pushed up and he needed down. (Just another case of my trying to be someone else's mother) So, I ride the elevator down and he still looks kind of lost, which I understand because our elevator lets you out in our restocking area and it looks nothing like our Art department. So, I walk him around to the Art dept, and he still looks lost. Did I mention this guy has a speech impediment, so I don't really understand him anyways? So, I find the address books for him and then he wants to just look around.....15 minutes later he is trying out all the colored pencils while I stand there looking like his personal lackey.
Twice I thought I was gonna be able to pawn him off (I work in Accounting for chrissakes, not the Art Dept) but these people know him and apparently he will just keep talking if you don't move on. So, they were both like...I better get back to work.
After that I was like, I gotta go, my boss is prolly wondering where I am and I tell him to have a nice day.
I kind of felt like I had done my good deed for the day. But then I started telling everyone (what else is new) and it kind of detracts from it if I am crowing about how nice I am. I kept thinking one of these days, I am gonna get some recognition from a customer. I guess it is next to impossible when I don't wear my name tag. I just want to be written up in our customer comments or given a "hokey" applauseogram. I am such a dork ;p
Comments