Thanks for making me a fighter
So, it has come to my attention that I seem to be dwelling on the past alot lately and certain things bring to mind other things and sometimes, I can still kind of feel hurt by these things.
So, this morning on my bus ride to work, I was listening to Christina Aguilera (because I suck) and the song "Fighter" came on. Now, this song rings so true with me most of the time. Particularly when I appear to be reliving the past so much these days.
So, while I may bitch and moan about these things that happen to me (especially about boys), I can't really say that they haven't made me a better person. Smarter, and Stronger, and more capable.
Even the things that I don't go into detail about, have made me a better person. Sure, I might be emotionally fucked up sometimes, but for the most part, I really have to say that I kind of have it together.
Alot of that has to do with my son, and knowing I have to provide a better life for him than I got. I hope I am doing a good job there.
In closing, (jeez this sounds like a school paper) I'd like to leave you with these wonderful words:
"Makes me that much stronger,
Makes me work a little bit harder,
Makes me that much smarter,
So, thanks for making me a fighter."
Way to go, for both me and Christina. It is prolly the best way to look at each and every bad situation. Would we all really be were we are today without those twists and turns and sometimes, out and out beatings we receive?
Somehow I don't think so, I think if I'd been coddled as a kid, I would not know anything about life by now.
So, this morning on my bus ride to work, I was listening to Christina Aguilera (because I suck) and the song "Fighter" came on. Now, this song rings so true with me most of the time. Particularly when I appear to be reliving the past so much these days.
So, while I may bitch and moan about these things that happen to me (especially about boys), I can't really say that they haven't made me a better person. Smarter, and Stronger, and more capable.
Even the things that I don't go into detail about, have made me a better person. Sure, I might be emotionally fucked up sometimes, but for the most part, I really have to say that I kind of have it together.
Alot of that has to do with my son, and knowing I have to provide a better life for him than I got. I hope I am doing a good job there.
In closing, (jeez this sounds like a school paper) I'd like to leave you with these wonderful words:
"Makes me that much stronger,
Makes me work a little bit harder,
Makes me that much smarter,
So, thanks for making me a fighter."
Way to go, for both me and Christina. It is prolly the best way to look at each and every bad situation. Would we all really be were we are today without those twists and turns and sometimes, out and out beatings we receive?
Somehow I don't think so, I think if I'd been coddled as a kid, I would not know anything about life by now.
Comments
yay!
I gotta love a good beat.