Do I know you?
Ok, prolly not a song title.
So, here is a very good reason why I hate riding the bus. I caught the bus last night (this is usually a fairly busy route, and unfortunately, a route with some weird people) and some guy sitting across from me stared at me the whole time. Now, I can deal with people staring at me because they want to talk to me, or something.
OK, you caught me, I am lying. I DO NOT like it when people stare at me. It is one thing for people to look at you when they are talking to you, and even then I tend to glance off. Not because I am not paying attention, but apparently, I am bad with all that connection stuff.
So, he is staring at me, and when I have the chance to glance over casually to make sure I am not just being stupid, I can see that he is staring at me with this look of incredulousness and a kind of horror. Like how could I even presume to sit across from him and get in the way of his staring out the window or something. It was a look like "how did you even get on the bus?"
Now, I could see him staring at me that way if my headphones had been super loud, but they weren't. I make it a point not to have them too loud, cause I glare at those people.
Now part of me is thinking...."he is disgusted because I am a fat girl". But what the hell does he care? I am not forcing food down his throat.
You know, maybe he had a lazy eye, ok maybe two lazy eyes. Maybe he was blind and looks at everyone that way. I don't know. Guess I never will.
So, here is a very good reason why I hate riding the bus. I caught the bus last night (this is usually a fairly busy route, and unfortunately, a route with some weird people) and some guy sitting across from me stared at me the whole time. Now, I can deal with people staring at me because they want to talk to me, or something.
OK, you caught me, I am lying. I DO NOT like it when people stare at me. It is one thing for people to look at you when they are talking to you, and even then I tend to glance off. Not because I am not paying attention, but apparently, I am bad with all that connection stuff.
So, he is staring at me, and when I have the chance to glance over casually to make sure I am not just being stupid, I can see that he is staring at me with this look of incredulousness and a kind of horror. Like how could I even presume to sit across from him and get in the way of his staring out the window or something. It was a look like "how did you even get on the bus?"
Now, I could see him staring at me that way if my headphones had been super loud, but they weren't. I make it a point not to have them too loud, cause I glare at those people.
Now part of me is thinking...."he is disgusted because I am a fat girl". But what the hell does he care? I am not forcing food down his throat.
You know, maybe he had a lazy eye, ok maybe two lazy eyes. Maybe he was blind and looks at everyone that way. I don't know. Guess I never will.
Comments
I look at them, with THE LOOK (tm), raise an eyebrow and say simply, "Yes?" or "HELLO! How are you?"
Sometimes they're embarassed and look away, caught and trapped. If nothing else, I end up in a conversation. On only one or two occasions they keep staring, but it's then that I know they're either fucktards or just plain rude and I don't care what they're thinking anyway ;)
You sound too nice to do that though :)
As for being fat and ugly, I don't know you, but I don't consider them synonymous with each other. I mean, I consider myself fairly attractive, being fat is just something that I am. Like my eyes being blue and my hair being "dishwater blond". God, I hate that phrase.
I mean, there are some ugly people and it has nothing to do with being fat. In fact, I tend to gravitate towards men with meat on their bones. And, not that I have ever been involved with a woman, but I always look at the "fatter" girls and I am like....Wow, she is cute. Look at those clothes. I wonder where she buys them.
I don't know, I think it comes from reading Camryn Manheim's Book. She is a fat girl, and I love how she writes and talks about it.