Carnival
I've been listening to Bikini Kill. Angry girl punk music. Not that I am terribly angry. It just felt like it was time to listen to them again. My favorite songs are Carnival, which has one of the best lines of a song ever.
"This is a song about 16 year old girls giving carnies head, for free rides and hits of pot.
I wanna go, I wanna go"
Then there is Rebel Girl, which brings to mind some damn happy times.
A friend introduced me to this music. A wonderful, beautiful friend who I don't hang out with anymore. She freaking rocked. Her name was Joi. "Joi with an I", as she would always say.
"Rebel girl, you are the queen of my world. Rebel girl, rebel girl....I think I want to take you home, I want to try on your clothes, ooooo"
She let me stay with her when I was a homeless 15 year old who knew nothing. She was 4 years older than me and always excited and in a good mood. I really miss her. She got married and I think she quit calling me because she didn't want her husband to know how crazy she had been once.
One time we played Mao at like 3 in the morning. We made one of the rules be that you had to flash your breasts out the window. So, we decide since that was so fun, that we are going to walk down the street on campus and do it. We did it once, and then some guy came out and he was like, "Do you know what time it is?" We were like..."no" and took off laughing.
She is the one who was far too hot one day and so she decided to take us to the movies at the bijou and the only thing we could find to watch was "Welcome to the Dollhouse". That was one fucked up movie. I felt so bad for the main character. At one point her little sister is kidnapped and they get a call.....Her mom then says, "They found her tu-tu in Times Square", which just cracked Joi up. I don't know why she thought it was so funny, but I will always remember that.
She took me to the Hot Springs and introduced me to some wonderful people.
I see her occasionally and she pretends like she doesn't know me. I guess I do the same. I feel no need to be brushed off so I never say anything. I guess it really is all about pride. Next time I see her, which will prolly be never now, I am going to say something. I got nothing to lose, right. And maybe an old friend to gain.
"This is a song about 16 year old girls giving carnies head, for free rides and hits of pot.
I wanna go, I wanna go"
Then there is Rebel Girl, which brings to mind some damn happy times.
A friend introduced me to this music. A wonderful, beautiful friend who I don't hang out with anymore. She freaking rocked. Her name was Joi. "Joi with an I", as she would always say.
"Rebel girl, you are the queen of my world. Rebel girl, rebel girl....I think I want to take you home, I want to try on your clothes, ooooo"
She let me stay with her when I was a homeless 15 year old who knew nothing. She was 4 years older than me and always excited and in a good mood. I really miss her. She got married and I think she quit calling me because she didn't want her husband to know how crazy she had been once.
One time we played Mao at like 3 in the morning. We made one of the rules be that you had to flash your breasts out the window. So, we decide since that was so fun, that we are going to walk down the street on campus and do it. We did it once, and then some guy came out and he was like, "Do you know what time it is?" We were like..."no" and took off laughing.
She is the one who was far too hot one day and so she decided to take us to the movies at the bijou and the only thing we could find to watch was "Welcome to the Dollhouse". That was one fucked up movie. I felt so bad for the main character. At one point her little sister is kidnapped and they get a call.....Her mom then says, "They found her tu-tu in Times Square", which just cracked Joi up. I don't know why she thought it was so funny, but I will always remember that.
She took me to the Hot Springs and introduced me to some wonderful people.
I see her occasionally and she pretends like she doesn't know me. I guess I do the same. I feel no need to be brushed off so I never say anything. I guess it really is all about pride. Next time I see her, which will prolly be never now, I am going to say something. I got nothing to lose, right. And maybe an old friend to gain.
Comments
Just a thought!