This threw me for a loop.
So, the devil came into the accounting office last night and she was like...where is this thing?
I had no clue, it wasn't my thing and my boss' boss didn't say anything before she left.
I tell her I don't know.
And she goes...oh, Well, NO INTERNET, RIGHT?
WTF?
Thie stupid internet habit that got outta control was supposed to have only been read by a few people. My boss didn't even read the whole thing. But apparently, the devil did.
Cause she has to micromanage my boss' boss.
(So she knows and by her knowing, I really have no chance to get anywhere in that company. The devil might as well be the manager. She has a hand in everything. This is the same woman, who, when I was 5 minutes late on a Saturday once, had my boss talk to me about it. First of all, most of the managers who open the safe don't get there until about 10 minutes after I usually get there. Also, both of the other people in the department were later than me. Did they get talked to? No, because I am the ACCOUNTANT and that means I get held to a higher standard.
I have never done well when being held to a higher standard. Like not being allowed to get c's in school, cause I was better than that. Instead, I stopped going to class. Yes, I am contrary. My job is a little more important than high school, but I don't like this whole....oh, wow, they did a great job answering their fucking phones!!! Accounting always answers their phones. Accounting is the "A" team, which means we have the most scrutiny. Which means we don't get to order food for us, just because we've worked really hard, like some of the other departments will. Which also means we get less accolades, cause we are supposed to already be that way. Bitter? Yes. I am. I know I should just be happy to have a job, but this is the shit I hear from other people, and this is the shit I see. I don't think ANYONE likes working in accounting. At least none of them say they do. They all just bitch.)
After that whole exchange, she just looked at me like she was really pissed. So now I get to worry about that. I had checked my email on a break.
So does EVERYONE else. At least all the people who work on the main floor. They just come in and check their emails.
But apparently, I am supposed to not use the internet at ALL. Even though I've got mixed messages. Anyhow, I've decided since I don't smoke, I should just go for a walk on my 20 minute breaks
Healthier, and less temptation for me.
I had no clue, it wasn't my thing and my boss' boss didn't say anything before she left.
I tell her I don't know.
And she goes...oh, Well, NO INTERNET, RIGHT?
WTF?
Thie stupid internet habit that got outta control was supposed to have only been read by a few people. My boss didn't even read the whole thing. But apparently, the devil did.
Cause she has to micromanage my boss' boss.
(So she knows and by her knowing, I really have no chance to get anywhere in that company. The devil might as well be the manager. She has a hand in everything. This is the same woman, who, when I was 5 minutes late on a Saturday once, had my boss talk to me about it. First of all, most of the managers who open the safe don't get there until about 10 minutes after I usually get there. Also, both of the other people in the department were later than me. Did they get talked to? No, because I am the ACCOUNTANT and that means I get held to a higher standard.
I have never done well when being held to a higher standard. Like not being allowed to get c's in school, cause I was better than that. Instead, I stopped going to class. Yes, I am contrary. My job is a little more important than high school, but I don't like this whole....oh, wow, they did a great job answering their fucking phones!!! Accounting always answers their phones. Accounting is the "A" team, which means we have the most scrutiny. Which means we don't get to order food for us, just because we've worked really hard, like some of the other departments will. Which also means we get less accolades, cause we are supposed to already be that way. Bitter? Yes. I am. I know I should just be happy to have a job, but this is the shit I hear from other people, and this is the shit I see. I don't think ANYONE likes working in accounting. At least none of them say they do. They all just bitch.)
After that whole exchange, she just looked at me like she was really pissed. So now I get to worry about that. I had checked my email on a break.
So does EVERYONE else. At least all the people who work on the main floor. They just come in and check their emails.
But apparently, I am supposed to not use the internet at ALL. Even though I've got mixed messages. Anyhow, I've decided since I don't smoke, I should just go for a walk on my 20 minute breaks
Healthier, and less temptation for me.
Comments