My day, in a nutshell...
I had this brilliant idea last night about how I should catch an earlier bus to make sure I was on time for work.
I managed to wake the boy up while hitting the snooze button and rolling around for a bit. He didn't get mad, I got laid. Very nice way to start the day. I was ready to head out the door by 7:20. Except there was no bus going by at 7:20, on a Saturday. So, I thought, fuck it, I'll just hope it syncs up. It did. (this whole plan of mine gave my brain enough to deal with, I spent the night dreaming I was late for work. And how much shit I could get in for it. I tried calling EVERYONE for a ride, and I managed to somehow get a ride from Jake....Ick. Like he would be here that early in the morning.)
Did I mention how FUCKING BUSY IT WAS??? Ok, I did. Sorry.
I got off (heh) at 5:30. I had checked to make sure there was a bus and good thing, cause the time has changed with the new school year. So, I got out there with plenty of time. I got downtown with plenty of time. Enough time to listen to some guy go on and on about how he had just kicked his mooching roommates out and it was the BEST day.
What I neglected to check was if there was a bus leaving downtown at 6, the one to get me home anyway. There were PLENTY of busses leaving downtown at 6.
Just not mine. I manage to figure this out in the nick of time and run over and catch the Thurston bus instead (boy do I LOVE the Thurston bus /sarcasm) and hope and pray that it connects with the Gateway bus to get me home. Because somehow, there were NO BUS SCHEDULES ON THE BUS, I just had to hope the whole ride.
It did, thank god.
I'm so happy I am home. And so VERY tired. But dammit, it being my one night to stay up late, I am gonna, one way or another.
I managed to wake the boy up while hitting the snooze button and rolling around for a bit. He didn't get mad, I got laid. Very nice way to start the day. I was ready to head out the door by 7:20. Except there was no bus going by at 7:20, on a Saturday. So, I thought, fuck it, I'll just hope it syncs up. It did. (this whole plan of mine gave my brain enough to deal with, I spent the night dreaming I was late for work. And how much shit I could get in for it. I tried calling EVERYONE for a ride, and I managed to somehow get a ride from Jake....Ick. Like he would be here that early in the morning.)
Did I mention how FUCKING BUSY IT WAS??? Ok, I did. Sorry.
I got off (heh) at 5:30. I had checked to make sure there was a bus and good thing, cause the time has changed with the new school year. So, I got out there with plenty of time. I got downtown with plenty of time. Enough time to listen to some guy go on and on about how he had just kicked his mooching roommates out and it was the BEST day.
What I neglected to check was if there was a bus leaving downtown at 6, the one to get me home anyway. There were PLENTY of busses leaving downtown at 6.
Just not mine. I manage to figure this out in the nick of time and run over and catch the Thurston bus instead (boy do I LOVE the Thurston bus /sarcasm) and hope and pray that it connects with the Gateway bus to get me home. Because somehow, there were NO BUS SCHEDULES ON THE BUS, I just had to hope the whole ride.
It did, thank god.
I'm so happy I am home. And so VERY tired. But dammit, it being my one night to stay up late, I am gonna, one way or another.
Comments