My subconcious at work....
I've had some strange dreams in the past couple of weeks. I finally got tired enough that there haven't been many for a little while.
But these two were strange as hell.
In the first, I needed to go shopping, but no one was going and finally, someone was like...ok, I can go. But then I couldn't. So my mom (WTF?? Yeah, all the way from Wyoming, to star in my dreams), was like...oh, I could go.
I was grateful and then I went to get her the list, but I guess I didn't. Cause then she came back with 30 dollars worth of groceries (I shop for two weeks, almost always) and none of it made any sense in terms of meals or anything. I was so frustrated.
I woke up, thinking (in my most whiniest voice)"But I just went shopping!" =) And then realized it was just a dream.
I guess, in retrospect, this isn't such a wierd dream. I had been thinking recently about how, when I was growing up, it was...ok, we need to go to the store tonight for dinner. Almost every night really. We didn't shop for long. We never had a car.
So, right here and now I would like to thank anyone who has ever given me a ride shopping. THANK YOU. You are VERY helpful. It is all about being helpful in my house.
My other dream, was the one about leaving Derek where ever it was that we left him. Something like a university, but when I walked back I had to swim across a river, or something. I don't know, it was strange. I don't know why I dream that I've left my kid somewhere. I've NEVER left my kid anywhere. Why does this plague my dreams?
Prolly something to do with being so far away from his school during the day. Ben is usually at his house until about 1 each day. I am in Eugene. Any time I've had to go and get Derek from school, I've managed to get a ride. But if I couldn't, then I would need to hop on the bus and that can take forever, depending on if they match up at that time of day.
I need a car. All my wierd dreams center around not having a car. Why do cars gotta be so fucking expensive? And now with gas prices, I just can't swing it. :p
But these two were strange as hell.
In the first, I needed to go shopping, but no one was going and finally, someone was like...ok, I can go. But then I couldn't. So my mom (WTF?? Yeah, all the way from Wyoming, to star in my dreams), was like...oh, I could go.
I was grateful and then I went to get her the list, but I guess I didn't. Cause then she came back with 30 dollars worth of groceries (I shop for two weeks, almost always) and none of it made any sense in terms of meals or anything. I was so frustrated.
I woke up, thinking (in my most whiniest voice)"But I just went shopping!" =) And then realized it was just a dream.
I guess, in retrospect, this isn't such a wierd dream. I had been thinking recently about how, when I was growing up, it was...ok, we need to go to the store tonight for dinner. Almost every night really. We didn't shop for long. We never had a car.
So, right here and now I would like to thank anyone who has ever given me a ride shopping. THANK YOU. You are VERY helpful. It is all about being helpful in my house.
My other dream, was the one about leaving Derek where ever it was that we left him. Something like a university, but when I walked back I had to swim across a river, or something. I don't know, it was strange. I don't know why I dream that I've left my kid somewhere. I've NEVER left my kid anywhere. Why does this plague my dreams?
Prolly something to do with being so far away from his school during the day. Ben is usually at his house until about 1 each day. I am in Eugene. Any time I've had to go and get Derek from school, I've managed to get a ride. But if I couldn't, then I would need to hop on the bus and that can take forever, depending on if they match up at that time of day.
I need a car. All my wierd dreams center around not having a car. Why do cars gotta be so fucking expensive? And now with gas prices, I just can't swing it. :p
Comments