I might have to stop the anonymous comments. Apparently the only people who leave them are going to form snap judgements of me based on how I look, and since I can't go and read their blog or anything, it really doesn't seem far, since I can't even try to read their stuff and see if they are reasonable people. I have to assume that they are jackasses. What follows is the wonderful comment I read right before I left work yesterday and my response. I should have been the bigger person (HAHAHA!) and not said anything cause of course they replied again. Anonymous said... all I can say is you need JENNY CRAIG, if it worked for kirstie alley, it'll probably work for you, take care of your health, you are pretty, but with all that flabb framing your bobne structure nobody can see it I replied of course, cause I am dumb. And pissed off. I got this back… Anonymous said... I know being skinny is overrated, its all about being healthy, just because you have a boyfriend that loves...
Comments
Jen aka 'Zilla
It's funny, cause I didn't even really notice. =)
Hey -- you read The Lovely Bones? Loved that book! I read it the year I went to Vermont WITHOUT MY KIDS AND HUSBAND. Very intense. My mother thought I was hungover, but my eyes were red and my head hurt from reading all night two nights in a row. Very gripping!
I'm a book-giver-away-er. If the library doesn't have it and I want to read it, I buy it, but I don't have any more room on my bookshelves. I'm finishing up The Human Stain (saw the movie first, the book is even better) and I'm going to read the book that the movie "The Door in The Floor" was based on this fall. If you want either book, I'll FedEx them to you.
Don't tell Ariel, but I don't read no Harry Potter. I can't do fantasy fiction of any kind. I'm a fantasyfictiontard. Sad, but true. I'm also a romancetard, bookwise and relationshipwise. It's just the way I am.
Basically I am a sucky dork who can only read Oprah triumph-of-the-human-spirit books, nonfiction, and Richard Powers.
But mostly I read blogs. Much fresher!
:-)
I just keep adding more. It makes it easier to click on when I am away from home and don't have bookmarks.
The benefits of working at a bookstore is I can charge myself a new book whenever I want.
Ok, if it was whenever I wanted, I would never get paid, but when I feel like a present.
It was amazing. I was sad, and happy through it. I cried (even on the bus!!) and it was good. I'm a HUGE fiction fan. I have read a ton of ARC copies, cause they don't cost anything. I usually end up with a fairly light semi-romance book. The Lovely Bones was far deeper and just wonderful.
I don't do much fantasyfiction myself. Some of it is ok, but it's not something I seek out. I will ALWAYS read recommended books, so please send "The Human Stain" on. I have not seen the movie, so I'm sure it would be very good. I'll email you my address.
Thanks VERY much. I prefer a good blog myself. They are so different and varied that I get a good mix. =)