"Do you sleep?"
I woke up yesterday morning and my door was cracked. Which means Derek has opened the door during the night. I figured he had looked and realized he couldn’t crawl into the bed, and went back to his room.
So I went down the hall to his room to see if he was still sleeping…..
And I look, and there is NO KID in the bed. Just covers. So, I walk around the house, panicking a little more each second that I don’t see or hear him.
He likes to sneak up the side of the bed and press himself up against it, so that I don’t see him and make him get off the floor. Like he needs someone to step on him and break a bone.
I figure that I must just be looking wrong and I go back into his room, maybe he’s under the covers or something, right?
No, it’s not just me being stupid and sleepy, he IS NOT there.
I go back into my bedroom, pretty freaked out at this point, and look at the side of the bed, where he squeezes himself against the bed. Like I thought, he isn’t there, I would have noticed had I stepped over him, I’m sure.
I look around, thinking maybe, he’s on the other side of the bed so that I can’t see him and I get ready to walk around. Then I notice that he is sleeping at the END OF THE BED, wrapped up in my comforter, cause it was too hot for it and not on the bed. I can hardly see him, since he doesn’t have a pillow and my comforter is big. Ben wakes up a little and looks at me. I point to the end of the bed and he is just confused. Unsure as to what I want, but I don’t want to be loud. I finally whisper..”Derek is sleeping at the end of the bed, do you want me to move him, cause it will prolly wake him up.”
He’s like….No, it’s fine.
Thank god, that kid is skinny, but heavy to me. Getting him off the couch is bad enough, but the floor might have fucked with my back.
He just scared the crap outta me, basically. I hate that. He likes to hide too, and not say anything while I run around the house searching for him, yelling to him. He thinks it’s funny.
Yeah. REAL FUNNY /sarcasm.
So I went down the hall to his room to see if he was still sleeping…..
And I look, and there is NO KID in the bed. Just covers. So, I walk around the house, panicking a little more each second that I don’t see or hear him.
He likes to sneak up the side of the bed and press himself up against it, so that I don’t see him and make him get off the floor. Like he needs someone to step on him and break a bone.
I figure that I must just be looking wrong and I go back into his room, maybe he’s under the covers or something, right?
No, it’s not just me being stupid and sleepy, he IS NOT there.
I go back into my bedroom, pretty freaked out at this point, and look at the side of the bed, where he squeezes himself against the bed. Like I thought, he isn’t there, I would have noticed had I stepped over him, I’m sure.
I look around, thinking maybe, he’s on the other side of the bed so that I can’t see him and I get ready to walk around. Then I notice that he is sleeping at the END OF THE BED, wrapped up in my comforter, cause it was too hot for it and not on the bed. I can hardly see him, since he doesn’t have a pillow and my comforter is big. Ben wakes up a little and looks at me. I point to the end of the bed and he is just confused. Unsure as to what I want, but I don’t want to be loud. I finally whisper..”Derek is sleeping at the end of the bed, do you want me to move him, cause it will prolly wake him up.”
He’s like….No, it’s fine.
Thank god, that kid is skinny, but heavy to me. Getting him off the couch is bad enough, but the floor might have fucked with my back.
He just scared the crap outta me, basically. I hate that. He likes to hide too, and not say anything while I run around the house searching for him, yelling to him. He thinks it’s funny.
Yeah. REAL FUNNY /sarcasm.
Comments
He likes to go in his room and turn his sign over and shut the door. (He made a sign that says..only friends can come in)