Don't feel no sympathy, at least not for me....
Perhaps that is the wrong song lyrics. I don't mind sympathy, just no pity please.
Maybe they are the exact some thing?
Ok, so as with all posts that are deeply personal, I questioned myself all night and am half-convinced I outta come in and delete the post.
I might just bury it at the bottom of all the posts for yesterday.
I don’t know why I did it.
It wasn’t for pity.
I don’t want people to look at me differently. I know that much.
I’m still the same person.
I think I did it to help anyone else who might’ve had the same thing happen.
Shit happens, we grow up and get over it.
Am I completely over it? Not yet.
Am I bitter? Yes, somedays I am very bitter.
Am I ever gonna get over it? I don’t know.
I do know it gets better every day.
I slept like crap, I kept waking up and thinking about it. Wondering if it was too much. Wondering if it was gonna hurt my little sister. Wondering if people are gonna treat me like a freak now.
I hope not. I’m still just Desiree, it happened long ago, before any of y’all knew me.
Does it color my perspective on men? Sure, it does.
Ben helps with that. Cause he is a good, decent man.
Both of which my step-father was not.
So, please I didn’t post this cause I want to talk about it. I don’t. I prefer not to think about it, I just thought I would share yet another one of my stories, unfortunately, this one wasn’t as funny as most.
Comment if you would like, it's nice to know I am not the only person in the world who has had this happen to them (I know I'm not, the odds are 1 in 4, but still).
I just don't want to talk about IRL. I can't handle that, I become a blubbering mess.
In all honesty, it’s really helped to shape who I am today. Someone who is stronger than I used to be, and maybe wouldn’t be without it.
Also someone who has problems trusting people, but I am working on it.
One step at a time.
Maybe they are the exact some thing?
Ok, so as with all posts that are deeply personal, I questioned myself all night and am half-convinced I outta come in and delete the post.
I might just bury it at the bottom of all the posts for yesterday.
I don’t know why I did it.
It wasn’t for pity.
I don’t want people to look at me differently. I know that much.
I’m still the same person.
I think I did it to help anyone else who might’ve had the same thing happen.
Shit happens, we grow up and get over it.
Am I completely over it? Not yet.
Am I bitter? Yes, somedays I am very bitter.
Am I ever gonna get over it? I don’t know.
I do know it gets better every day.
I slept like crap, I kept waking up and thinking about it. Wondering if it was too much. Wondering if it was gonna hurt my little sister. Wondering if people are gonna treat me like a freak now.
I hope not. I’m still just Desiree, it happened long ago, before any of y’all knew me.
Does it color my perspective on men? Sure, it does.
Ben helps with that. Cause he is a good, decent man.
Both of which my step-father was not.
So, please I didn’t post this cause I want to talk about it. I don’t. I prefer not to think about it, I just thought I would share yet another one of my stories, unfortunately, this one wasn’t as funny as most.
Comment if you would like, it's nice to know I am not the only person in the world who has had this happen to them (I know I'm not, the odds are 1 in 4, but still).
I just don't want to talk about IRL. I can't handle that, I become a blubbering mess.
In all honesty, it’s really helped to shape who I am today. Someone who is stronger than I used to be, and maybe wouldn’t be without it.
Also someone who has problems trusting people, but I am working on it.
One step at a time.
Comments
It's just a matter of how we live our lives afterwards that's important.
You're not the freak, honey, I am.
:0)
Maybe I'm a freak with my abnormally cute toes? :)