Look how long this is taking......

It took FOREVER to get my birth control pills. I hate that waiting room. Kids yelling, or trying to escape while their mother looks like she is not paying attention. She was, but I almost jumped up when he walked out the door, umm, there are stairs RIGHT there.
But whatever, they're only CONCRETE stairs, he'll be fine.

Good news...
My blood pressure is back down. Apparently, even the last time it wasn't as bad as the woman made out. She had me feeling like I was gonna die of a blood clot the next time I lit a cigarette up. Sure, it might have made a difference in my smoking less, but why does she gotta lie about it?...still not calling it quitting...I'm getting worse and worse, but it's still not an everyday thing. I'm totally buying myself a pack for my birthday.

Bad news....
Weight is up 10 lbs. Granted, I only have them check once a year, so maybe it was up more and I've managed to lose some. I don't know, I'd felt like I was doing better with all my damn water and carrots galore. It's damn discouraging, makes me want to not eat at all, whish lasts until I feel nauseous (sp?), and then I eat. It seems to work for some people, to just skip meals, even though everything I've read says you shouldn't. I'm feeling a little less than attractive and the 20 lbs overweight chick who was just in here saying how fat she is, wasn't helping.

What to do? Join a gym, I would guess. That's the only way I've ever made a difference. It would work, I could have time for it, until Derek gets back home. I could just walk on all my lunch breaks....

I so want a stationary bike, or a treadmill. :(

Comments

Brandy said…
I wish I had the answer for all of us :(

Encouragement and love helps... and you have it in spades.

I would TOTALLY DO YOU! :)
*giggle*
AnywhereEden said…
I lie out of jealousy.

Hey des, have you checked on having your blood sugar tested yet? It's worth finding out if that's contributing, especially if you are worried about it.
SWSNBN said…
I've managed to basically cut out the soda. I only drink coke with rum, maybe I should go diet.
Try to take the sugar away from my coffee though and I WILL cut you.

*grin*
Maybe Splenda, that was ok. Not for Mochas though. How do I give up my mochas???
SWSNBN said…
I could buy strips.

The only way I ever lost any weight was through working out. One summer, I went to the LCC gym for class, an hour each day, went home and then walked to Centennial from E street to catch a bus to Derek's daycare, usually having a bagel for lunch somewhere in there, and then walking back from Centennial cause the busses don't match. I think I lost 30 lbs then. But everyone came back to school in the fall and I ended up back at the table at LCC smoking and hanging out instead of the gym.

Last night Ben was mentioning something about how I could get up every morning and jog...

I'm an accident waiting to happen, plus when he goes back home and I don't have an adult in the house in the morning, it would be pointless.

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.