Oh my God pt. 26
This flew outta the kid's mouth last night...(brace yourself)
"President Bush is the best president ever!"
I was like....what? What did you just say in my house?
Then he tried to back it up with something about him being president since the 70's.
Huh?
We told him, no, he wasn't.
"Then who was?"
Carter??? Like I really know. I know all of them since Reagan, but before that, not so lucky. History isn't my strong suit.
Then the child says this...
"Do you like the president?"
I said, well some people do. Enough people do that he is still president. But some people think he isn't too bright. And I mentioned how everyone is at war...Actually, I think that's when he mentioned the 70's....something about "That's so 70's".
Child, I wasn't even alive in the 70's. But I guess not liking war is "70's". I knew I was turning into a hippy!
So, he asks if I voted for him.
I tell him no.
And then he looks to the other adult in the house and the one who usually disagrees with me, and says....
"Well, Ben, You voted for Bush, right?"
He was so cocksure about it, like he knew the other boy in the house would definitely agree with him.
Ben was like...."No, I didn't."
Derek was completely taken aback. Like....how can he be president then?
The world is so small to a 7 year old. We didn't want to confuse him with how many people there are and how some like Bush. About half, maybe more.
"President Bush is the best president ever!"
I was like....what? What did you just say in my house?
Then he tried to back it up with something about him being president since the 70's.
Huh?
We told him, no, he wasn't.
"Then who was?"
Carter??? Like I really know. I know all of them since Reagan, but before that, not so lucky. History isn't my strong suit.
Then the child says this...
"Do you like the president?"
I said, well some people do. Enough people do that he is still president. But some people think he isn't too bright. And I mentioned how everyone is at war...Actually, I think that's when he mentioned the 70's....something about "That's so 70's".
Child, I wasn't even alive in the 70's. But I guess not liking war is "70's". I knew I was turning into a hippy!
So, he asks if I voted for him.
I tell him no.
And then he looks to the other adult in the house and the one who usually disagrees with me, and says....
"Well, Ben, You voted for Bush, right?"
He was so cocksure about it, like he knew the other boy in the house would definitely agree with him.
Ben was like...."No, I didn't."
Derek was completely taken aback. Like....how can he be president then?
The world is so small to a 7 year old. We didn't want to confuse him with how many people there are and how some like Bush. About half, maybe more.
Comments
Damn BUSH!