Pondering....

I've been noticing a lot lately that no one tells me anything. Ok, I am exaggerating a little, not really "no one". Some people tell me things.

Here are my examples...
I hardly ever hear Tara (at work) talk about herself or her homelife, or her thoughts, yet she gets all bent out of shape when I don't tell her something she considers is important. Maybe I didn't consider it important, but she wants me to tell her about it, I guess. It just doesn't seem to work both ways.

The boyfriend looked mopey the other night when A came over. I was trying to pick on him and get him to smile....apparently, I do the same thing to him when he isn't smiling, I think he is pissed, I had been a brat after losing Scrabble and I thought he was mad...or maybe the comment about having to always suck cock, I just meant the he always makes the drinks and I always suck the cock and he never has to. I thought it was funny, he might not have. I was just saying.......Anyhow, he looked upset and not very much fun, so I was poking him and being more of a brat and then A says something about Heartburn.

So, I guess he didn't feel good, but since I didn't go out to smoke, I don't get this information and I instead just assume he is being an ass after I was being a brat.

All this just makes me wonder if I do talk to much and maybe no one can get a word in edgewise. But when I am quiet, people think I am pissed. It's a catch-22, and I don't know how to escape from it.

Comments

AnywhereEden said…
it's not because you talk too much, would you just shut up about talking too much. ;)
It's cuz he doesn't feel the need to show weakness, and I asked him if he was ready for taquitos or something and he groaned and muttered about heartburn.
It's not like I was privileged by going out to smoke, I had to hear him whine about how much pain he was in. As soon as we came inside though he shut up about it and tried to act tough, like he wasn't hurting.
I kinda think it's to impress you, or at least not disappoint you.
SWSNBN said…
Yeah, I don't know. He's not really the suffer in silence type when he has a cold, but maybe he remembered how often I get heartburn and thought he shouldn't bitch.
Brandy said…
*GROPE*

It's such a relief hanging out with you, when I get to... because there's no pressure on me to come up with conversation. And yet you're interesting and involving- you don't JUST YAMMER AWAY without considering if I'm bored, you involve me in the conversation.

So I'm gonna have to say "just right" here... *winkity wink*
Besides, whenever I do have something to talk about it always ends up grossly inappropriate for the situation, or stupid...
SWSNBN said…
I think I am just hoping I'm not missing out on anything by not smoking. It's just not much fun to stand there with you all.

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.