Don't call me that!
Jake called me on Saturday. He left a message and called me “Desiree”. It bugs me, because I separate out work from friends with the name people call me. I think he does it just to piss me off. If I called him and called him “Jacob”, he prolly wouldn’t speak to me ever again.
Hey, there’s an idea.
Better yet, I could call him and call him his family nick-name, but I am not that mean. I hate talking to him on the phone and it ALWAYS comes up as caller ID not available. I NEVER answer the phone if I don’t know who it is. I wait for a message and make sure, then call back. By the way Ariel, that payphone outside of Joe’s has a Manhattan area code. I think it was Manhattan. I believe it was 609. Kinda weird.
He left me a not-very-helpful message, just saying to call him back. I figured either he got the letter already, cause it flew there –yeah, right, or he wanted to tell me that he wouldn’t be paying me this month.
I waited it out all day Saturday, by the time I got drunk enough to be able to deal with him, my phone kept saying it was searching for service. A’s too. It was strange. Nokia or Cricket must have had some problem or another. Called him Sunday, and I was handed a miracle, he WASN’T there, so I left a more detailed message. Went something like this.
“Hi Jake, it’s me. I don’t know what you called about, but I am calling you back. I hope you aren’t calling to tell me that you aren’t paying me this month, because then I will not be able to pay my rent and I will have to go live in Wyoming with my mother. Ok, call me back.”
He wasn’t calling for that, he was only calling to say the payment was a little late and that he wanted to talk to Derek. Plus, make sure when he needed to come and get him so that I can celebrate my birthday in style.
I have no idea what he will do when he gets my letter. Prolly try to call, or write me one back. I guess we will see, huh?
Hey, there’s an idea.
Better yet, I could call him and call him his family nick-name, but I am not that mean. I hate talking to him on the phone and it ALWAYS comes up as caller ID not available. I NEVER answer the phone if I don’t know who it is. I wait for a message and make sure, then call back. By the way Ariel, that payphone outside of Joe’s has a Manhattan area code. I think it was Manhattan. I believe it was 609. Kinda weird.
He left me a not-very-helpful message, just saying to call him back. I figured either he got the letter already, cause it flew there –yeah, right, or he wanted to tell me that he wouldn’t be paying me this month.
I waited it out all day Saturday, by the time I got drunk enough to be able to deal with him, my phone kept saying it was searching for service. A’s too. It was strange. Nokia or Cricket must have had some problem or another. Called him Sunday, and I was handed a miracle, he WASN’T there, so I left a more detailed message. Went something like this.
“Hi Jake, it’s me. I don’t know what you called about, but I am calling you back. I hope you aren’t calling to tell me that you aren’t paying me this month, because then I will not be able to pay my rent and I will have to go live in Wyoming with my mother. Ok, call me back.”
He wasn’t calling for that, he was only calling to say the payment was a little late and that he wanted to talk to Derek. Plus, make sure when he needed to come and get him so that I can celebrate my birthday in style.
I have no idea what he will do when he gets my letter. Prolly try to call, or write me one back. I guess we will see, huh?
Comments