I can't stand the rain...

So my boys showed up last night at about 6 pm, I get off at 7, so I figured it wouldn’t be too bad. Derek ate by my desk and Ben brought me some food too, so that was nice. The child kept asking where everyone else that I work with was….umm, at 6, I am one of the last people here. I kept trying to explain that. I did end up taking him upstairs so he could see the people up there.

Everything went pretty well, even with all the questions that fly outta the kid’s mouth. I just took the time to try and tidy my desk, rather than get actual work done.

My perfect, fun night was not to be, alas.

At 7, we went to get my stuff. The bus comes at 7:05, so we were kinda in a hurry. This, of course, is when I realize that I didn’t get his day pass for the bus from Ben. Apparently, we are too STUPID to think of such things, and by we, I mean me. So, I called him and he said he would do his best to meet us downtown by 7:30 for the bus home. So, we walked downtown…..yes, in the fucking pouring rain. I looked horrible and I had to keep telling him to stay with me. Luckily, his coat kept him pretty dry. I, myself, am too stupid to wear the leather coat, when it was so muggy that morning.
We hit Selco, and some guy in a car asks if we want a ride. I am a smart kid, and I say..Um, no thanks, we are almost to where we need to be, but thanks. Polite and smart. Meanwhile, Derek is like….Mom! I wanted to get a ride.

Do you see why I can’t let him out in public alone? I tried to explain that just because the guy looked nice, doesn’t make him nice. I hope I succeeded. We get downtown with about 10 minutes to spare. And I make a complete blubbering ass outta myself. I didn’t see Ben, so I figured I would explain to the driver.

Now in case you didn’t realize, I have a HARD fucking time asking people for things, especially people I don’t know. As evidenced by none of you people I know IRL getting a frantic call to ask about a ride home last night. I tried to just kinda explain what happened without saying…can we get on without his day pass? The guy just kinda looked at me like he had NO IDEA where I could be going with this story. I lost it, people. And I am so fucking disgusted that I cry so easily. It did work, of course, nothing makes people more uncomfortable than when I start to cry.

Even less funny is that if I had waited for about half a minute, Ben woulda been there with the day pass, and I could have avoided the whole fucking mess.

God, I feel stupid. I seriously need a switch somewhere that could turn off the tears. I hate being so fucking emotional. *pout*

Comments

AnywhereEden said…
Hey I think I may have solved your picture posting problem...

Here are some step-by-step directions for ya.

http://coffeehouser.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.