Not that I'm not DELIRIOUSLY happy for her...
I hope that that comes across. Cause I'm SO happy she's happy.
It's just that little more than a year ago, I started this whole blog (OK, my SECOND post) with this little post.
(OK, so I was trying to link, but when the comments open a whole new window, I can't get the right link.)
That's what copy and paste is for..
Oh Yeah
I had an epiphany the other day. I realized that I have no special girlfriends who I see regularly. I have girls who I would probably call my "best friends" but would prolly not get the same response back. In fact, they would prolly say someone else is there "best friend". Granted I am not in High school anymore, but I miss that feeling of comraderie and being able to laugh my ass off at nothing at all.
So, I think I should take out an ad for a best friend, but I am too afraid of the responses.
It would go something like this:
Wanted: Best Friend
Must be dependable
Must be flexible
Must be "silly"
Must love coffee
Must not make too much fun of me when I am serious
Must be able to make fun of herself lightheartedly.
Must love the water and the ocean.
Must be able to listen without judging, unless I ask for an honest opinion.
And above all, must be slightly sarcastic.
Anybody think I am asking too much?
And then I sucked up my courage and called Ariel and I was like..Hey, be my best friend. And she said YES. And since then, we've hung out a lot more. We've really gotten to be close. She puts up with my pouting and hissy fits.
I am HIGH MAINTENANCE y'all. Plus she comes out to my house and deals with it all. She stays the night on my crappy couch. She gets along super well with Ben. She sits with me on the porch and listens while I whine or cry. We ALWAYS have fun, even when we aren't doing much of anything. Even while just shopping. (PEEPS) She's everything I could've asked for in that "ad". Now she's gonna leave and NO ONE else is gonna want to put up with my high maintenance. I just know it. And I'll be best friend-less again.
I'm sad. Just really sad. I will try to not be, for her sake.
It's just that little more than a year ago, I started this whole blog (OK, my SECOND post) with this little post.
(OK, so I was trying to link, but when the comments open a whole new window, I can't get the right link.)
That's what copy and paste is for..
Oh Yeah
I had an epiphany the other day. I realized that I have no special girlfriends who I see regularly. I have girls who I would probably call my "best friends" but would prolly not get the same response back. In fact, they would prolly say someone else is there "best friend". Granted I am not in High school anymore, but I miss that feeling of comraderie and being able to laugh my ass off at nothing at all.
So, I think I should take out an ad for a best friend, but I am too afraid of the responses.
It would go something like this:
Wanted: Best Friend
Must be dependable
Must be flexible
Must be "silly"
Must love coffee
Must not make too much fun of me when I am serious
Must be able to make fun of herself lightheartedly.
Must love the water and the ocean.
Must be able to listen without judging, unless I ask for an honest opinion.
And above all, must be slightly sarcastic.
Anybody think I am asking too much?
And then I sucked up my courage and called Ariel and I was like..Hey, be my best friend. And she said YES. And since then, we've hung out a lot more. We've really gotten to be close. She puts up with my pouting and hissy fits.
I am HIGH MAINTENANCE y'all. Plus she comes out to my house and deals with it all. She stays the night on my crappy couch. She gets along super well with Ben. She sits with me on the porch and listens while I whine or cry. We ALWAYS have fun, even when we aren't doing much of anything. Even while just shopping. (PEEPS) She's everything I could've asked for in that "ad". Now she's gonna leave and NO ONE else is gonna want to put up with my high maintenance. I just know it. And I'll be best friend-less again.
I'm sad. Just really sad. I will try to not be, for her sake.
Comments
Besides, just cuz I won't live in the next town over doesn't mean I'm resigning my best friend status. You can't replace me that easily!!
(Don't worry, we'll still do not-the-mommy road trips, and me sleeping on your crappy couch, and I will still listen to you whine, and kick your ass at scrabble. It just won't be as often, that way you won't get sick of me, otherwise it just gets blase.)
maybe you shouldn't rank your friends?
And maybe you could make an effort to go visit others a little more, or... yknow, at least extend the invitations a little more liberally?
Just a suggestion..
I can say whatever I want. We didn't hang out as much before that. It means I get to call rank....as awful as that might be. I get to be like..I'm your best friend, so PLEASE come and hang out with me.
Often, I don't plan things, as I've said OVER and over again. When I'm not planning a "party", I don't tend to invite a bunch of people. The last party I threw, I invited you to. And you came and it was fun.
I've made a bit more effort to get to others. I know I'm a slacker.
When I come down to it, I guess I feel sort of justified. Cause I don't have the car. Again, as awful as that might be. I think that others have an easier time getting to my house.
I'm sorry that this whole thing is just ruining your day. I guess my email this morning about her leaving sure didn't help. I was just freaking out and I didn't want to freak out at her.
I'm sorry. I'll try to be more tactful.
That came out a little wrong.
I'm sorry again that it hurt your feelings.
I think so too. She wasn't paying much attention to it at all. Prolly since it was so quiet.
I couldn't replace you honey. And I've yet to get sick of you. I've NEVER thought, after you left, THANK GOD she's gone.
Road trips better happen. Sorry my couch sucks. I need to get you an air mattress or something. But you know, being on the floor, you'd be a kid jumping magnet.