For a Friday the 13th.

It wasn't too bad.

I got this BRILLIANT idea that I should use my over time to take a long lunch and run all the way out to VRC. McDonald's was calling and my See's candy gift certificate was a PERFECT excuse to have lunch out there.

I timed the busses. Ran out and found See's. Good thing I saw it before I was inside, or I NEVER woulda found it. VRC is NOT my mall. I have NO IDEA where anything out there is anymore. Maybe once upon a time.

Then, of course, I'm waiting for the Breeze and eating. I figure, this way I can just shut the bag and take the fries with me. As I am debating catching a different bus, or finishing my quarter pounder, I see some kids running and I figure....ok, well, they wanted to catch the bus. Bus pulls out and security guards start running as well. Oops. I don't know what they did. Prolly shoplifting. What really got me is that then this pregnant 10 YEAR OLD....ok, she was prolly a teenager, but DAMN do they look young) comes out and tells her friend (but more like EVERYONE, cause we cal ALL hear her) about how that is her boyfriend and the father of her baby. I was thinking...and he just runs off and ditches you like that? So, he can shoplift? That's GOOD. This baby shall have WONDERFUL parents.

Then when she starts talking with someone else on the bus, this girl starts telling her things like...I don't care. If you're old enough to have sex, then you should be old enough to have a kid.

HOLD UP! Have YOU been pregnant? As a teenager? I used to think...oh, abortion, I could NEVER do that. I don't see how anyone could. Until I got pregnant at 16. Then I had to seriously weigh my options. Until you are in that situation, DO NOT SIT and pass judgement. The girl was saying something about hoping they were good parents and that holier than thou girl is like..that doesn't matter. You had sex, now you have the kid.

Because being a good parent is NOT important at all. It's all about having the kid and then you know....beating it or resenting it. The sad truth is that there are FAR too many kids in this world already. Many who don't feel loved or wanted. Why put kids through that? Because it's your "duty"? I don't believe that shit. I don't believe that kids should be resented and beat and ridiculed and guilt-tripped, cause someone made a stupid mistake.

The holier than thou chick then said that it didn't matter about anything as long as she kept the baby. Cause her parents...well, her mom committed suicide and her dad tried to kill her, but she's fine.

Isn't she like the walking poster child for abortions or adoptions? I don't think she is fine.

What I really think is she out to shut the fuck up and quit trying to make everyone as miserable as she is.
-----------------------------------------------------
Beyond that....(god, WHY wouldn't my headphones turn up any LOUDER so I didn't have to hear)....it was cool. I had a minute to spare and I got everything done. I got back and Ben called and said that the check from K-Mart had came!!!!!YAY, Sub can be paid! HURRAY!
They showed up, cause Derek wanted his money and I deposited it.
-----------------------------------------------------
Also, I didn't think they had any fat chicks in there. But they DO have a plus size store, so maybe the fat chicks just weren't there today. I felt stupid walking around all this tiny little girls. :(
Even the pregnant girl was tinier than me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I totaly agree with you! I hate when people preach to others about something so personal as their own body- I dont know why people cant just keep their opinions to themselves, especially about abortion- unless youve been in the situation I dont think anyone can know what the right decision is, but sheesh- next time I hear someone preaching I swear to golly Im gonna approach them. GAAA! It gets me every time. Hope your weekend was good!
-Jenni
SWSNBN said…
I learned a long time ago that even if you think you're RIGHT, doesn't mean other people will. So why spend your time trying to convince them, and yet some people think that by riding people's asses, in public even, that that will make people do what THEY think is right? It just gets on my nerves. :p

Thanks, I hope yours was good too.

Mine was pretty good. I've been lazy. Which is nice. Back to work tomorrow. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.