Don't Take it Personal
From now on, I shall only think people are talking about me when they say my name or are speaking directly to me. I think I can guess what people are talking about and I don't always get it right.
Of course, "I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it."
I was thinking today on the bus that people censor themselves....often to not make others feel bad. At least it seems that way to me. I can understand. I get my feelings hurt too easily.
But I have to wonder if it's better to be completely clueless about what others think (that's me - ostrich head stuck in the sand), or if it's better to know that people don't like this or that about you.
I tend to jump on people when I feel criticized though, so who could blame anyone for not pointing out something that really isn't that big of a deal? Like maybe my being to lenient with Derek or something. If I ask advice, I would hope that you would tell me the truth. Or if something was a big deal, again I would hope that you would tell me the truth. However harsh that might be.
There's a thin line between tact and lying. It's just the way it is. I hope I don't overstep it. I'm sure I have at one point or another. I would just hope I don't do it to often.
Of course, "I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it."
I was thinking today on the bus that people censor themselves....often to not make others feel bad. At least it seems that way to me. I can understand. I get my feelings hurt too easily.
But I have to wonder if it's better to be completely clueless about what others think (that's me - ostrich head stuck in the sand), or if it's better to know that people don't like this or that about you.
I tend to jump on people when I feel criticized though, so who could blame anyone for not pointing out something that really isn't that big of a deal? Like maybe my being to lenient with Derek or something. If I ask advice, I would hope that you would tell me the truth. Or if something was a big deal, again I would hope that you would tell me the truth. However harsh that might be.
There's a thin line between tact and lying. It's just the way it is. I hope I don't overstep it. I'm sure I have at one point or another. I would just hope I don't do it to often.
Comments
not reacting to something, even when I KNOW they're fuming about me, until they bring it directly to my attention.
At least outwardly not reacting. Inside, a lot of the time, I'm dying with worry and wonder.
to both comments. I'm too quick to worry and wonder and I can't just worry in silence. I must complain and worry at people.
Maybe one of these days. I don't like it when people don't like me, or I think they are mad at me. Not sure what that says about me personally. But I guess I like to please people?
I'm working on that too. Cause you just can't please everyone all the time. It's impossible. Which is what I gotta remember.