I just got done with this book

Yet another ARC book. It was REALLY good actually. I'm happy I read it. I found some fantastic things written in there. These in particular stuck out to me...

"Never ever refer to time spent when not spent as a group; otherwise risk discord, sd postnatal lactating women are as close to raw as a human can ever get and are thus frighteningly unpredictable and possibly violent."

or, perhaps...(this is more like a whole section, but it's full effect is wasted without the rest)

"But then Ollie stopped. "There's one last thing."
The peacekeeper grumbled, "Now what?"
Ollie stood in front of him, turned to the side, and in a single motion bent her knee and lifted her giant leg to a near-perfect ninety-degree angle, then shot out her foot in a powerful blast to his face.
"Oh, my God!" I covered my mouth and watched as chair and man flipped over and crashed against the wall.
"Don't you ever , and I mean ever, use the word cunt in such a degrading and unappreciative manner." His face was still covered with the newspaper. "It's a thing of beauty, the cunt, every woman's own Mona Lisa." Ollie straightened her long skirt, pulled at her shirt-tails, and signaled to me that it was now time to leave."

Title: Making it up as I go along.
Author: Maria T. Lennon

How could I NOT love this book, with writing like that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.