Tag, I'M it.

Ariel tagged me.

1) A book that changed my life: All the crappy little romance novels I read. I've got to high of standards, and I know weird words, and I can spell well. I used to read them...like one a day. I thought they were fantastic. The stuff of romantic fantasies. Perhaps that's stupid.
Or maybe this one book..that I can't remember the name of. It was at LCC and dealt with childhood sexual abuse. It told me a lot of things that really helped. Things that I had felt guilty over for too long are so common on those cases. Instead, I started to get mad. I'm still fucking mad. =S

2) A book that I've read more than once: Quite a few Stephen King novels, but the best are IT, Insomnia, and The Talisman. Other than that? V.C. Andrews novels, before I packed them all up and put them in the garage.

3) A book I'd take to a deserted island: I think that I should take War and Peace, cause it looks HUGE. Jen at work read it this summer. She's SUCH an over achiever.

4) A book that made me laugh: Wake Up, I'm Fat. by Camryn Manheim. She's a BIG celebrity crush of mine. She's just gorgeous, and those piercings all down her ear! HOT!

5) A book that made me cry: The Lovely Bones, it was harsh. Or Bridge to Terabithia, or A Summer to Die, or the one I'm reading now.

6) A book I wish had been/would hurry up and get written: A new Stephen King book. Or a better second part to Gone with the Wind. Like..maybe by the original author?

7) A book that should never have been written: I don't know if I would go so far as to say it SHOULDN'T have been written, but I CAN NOT get through Memnoch the Damned. I liked all the other Anne Rice books in that series, but I just can't move forward until I get through it and it's too explanatory. Just pages and crap of descriptions. I don't want to know about the Devil and God and Angels. WHAT THE FUCK DO THEY HAVE TO DO WITH VAMPIRES ANYHOW? Yes, Lestat is a bad ass, but to become the "new" devil!!??...at least I think that's right. See how little of it I retain? I don't like that book.

8) A book I'm currently reading: I'm ALMOST done with Pretty Little Dirty, then I need to finish The Torso, which I'm about halfway through. And I've started reading Lifeguarding, at work during lunch.

9) A book I'm planning to read/I've procrastinated finishing: Memnoch the Damned. I have to start all over every time I go back to it, cause I don't remember what the fuck is going on. I may never finish it. =(

10) Who I'm tagging next: (participation is always optional): Karina, That Girl, and Airie! =)

Comments

AnywhereEden said…
funny, I considered putting down Interview with a Vampire for the book that shouldn't have been written, because it completely turned me off of Anne Rice before I even had a chance to get into her stuff.
Brandy said…
aw fuck, you know how long it's been since I actually read anything? :)
SWSNBN said…
Ariel,
Interview with a Vampire was fine! Louis IS a total bitch and I prefer Lestat, but I didn't know that when I first read it. They paint Lestat as quite the villian, but I'd have to say he's my favorite now.
I oughta just SKIP THAT FUCKING BOOK and get on with the rest already. But that feels like Cheating.

I'm so glad that you didn't say that though, I woulda had to poke you the next time I saw you.

Karina,
You did fine. As your child gets older and can entertain herself, you might be able to read again. I HAVE to read. When Saturday morning cartoons are on, I sit in the tub and take a paperback with me. It's awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.