The dishes are done, man.

That didn't take long.
I didn't have many left. =)
My shirt is really wet though. =(

At least the dishes are done.
And now, I'm like...hmmm, what to do?
The mail isn't here, so the movie isn't here. I'm bored. I have ideas, but I have to flesh them out.

And now that I am sitting here, I don't know what to write.
Hm.
Perhaps Derek.
I can't BELIEVE he is already in 8th grade! (edit - We must have jumped ahead five years...TIME TRAVEL! Yes, I did mean 3rd, thank you, now I can kinda fix it. (: )
On one hand, I can't believe how fast he is growing up.
On the other, it feels like he's just ALWAYS been there.
When he hits ten, I'll have been a parent for OVER a decade!
That's what is SO crazy to believe. I feel like I've finally got a good handle on being a parent and giving him what he needs. Perhaps it's cause he's maturing and doesn't just always get pissed off. It's interesting to watch him deal with frustration. Some days, things just roll of his back, and some days, he will still end up crying, cause he is just THAT upset.
That's how I know he's tired. It really doesn't happen often.
Dealing with the frustration, even through crying is better than just getting upset and yelling about it.
He still does that occasionally. But really. I feel so much better at parenting.
There was one point where I actually had to drag him out of the Winco, kicking and screaming. And then stand right by him, while I made him sit his ass down and calm the hell down.
I know it's all about picking your battles, and that particular time he didn't want to get THAT box because it had a picture of a damn doll on it. So, I was like fine. Don't get it at all.
He kicked his shoe off on the way out. I just stood there next to him and tried to ignore him until he calmed the hell down.
His shoe was returned to Customer Service. Thank goodness for that.
And sure, I had to be embarassed, but I stood my ground.
And he doesn't do that anymore. I mean, he's 8 now, so tantrums are just a distant memory. At least big tantrums.
Now I'd just say he's moody, like a teenager. And his little eyebrows angle downward, I know that face, I've worn that expression. Last night, he found out there wasn't any chocolate that he could have some of for dessert, and the look on his face!
It was so theatrical, and just..wow.
I've made that look too. That tragic (they don't love me cause they ate all the chocolate and didn't leave me none) look.
I KNOW I felt that way once before I really knew how many other reasons why I might think my own family didn't care about me...and none of them having to do with them eating all the sweets and not sharing.
Back when I was just as melodramatic as Derek.
I remember sitting in my room, and just bawling, cause they'd done something so small and stupid to be upset about, but DAMMIT! I was upset over it.
My little sister toddled into my room and came over and hugged me. And you know what? That made me feel better. I must have been 8.

OMG! I hadn't realized I was the exact same age!
It might only get worse.
The other day, when he was trying to break the house down? I told him he couldn't sit on the couch anymore, since he couldn't sit correctly, and had just tried to knock down the damn curtains.
He got quiet and then tried to ask me if he could play video games. I was like no...YOU ARE IN TROUBLE.
He ended up going in his room and covering himself completely. Just MOPING on his bed.
I'm so fucked.

Comments

Brandy said…
giggles

Apple never falls far from the tree.

If it's any consolation, I'm seriously fucked too.
SWSNBN said…
I just...it's hard to imagine the little things I used to get worked up over. I mean, in regards to my family. I still find little things to get worked up over.
But not to the point of...NO ONE LOVES ME.
And never over something so pointless as candy. =S
I was a strange, melodramatic child. I had an "almost" single child existence until I was 6, and was spoiled. Then I learn how hard life really is, and I've become less spoiled, certainly. =)
If nothing else, less spoiled. More apt to deal with the "hard balls" life throws.

That was a LONG comment.
SWSNBN said…
Wouldn't that be amazing? Like Doogie Howser. He could be a GENIUS.

No, I fucked it up. I edited it..I'm silly.
I thought 8, then 3rd grade, but wrote 8th grade. =)
Some proofreader I am. I always thought it would be COOL to get paid to read but reading your own stuff is hard. Often I find things later and I'm like..OH! And I fix it.
But you got me this time. =)
Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.