It's much better to handle these things with a sense of poise and rationality.

I got my child support for last month today.
The DAY before we start the week I gave them to pay originally. The 12th through the 19th...and they just paid last months.

I had thought the talk with Jake had went well. At least as well as can be expected, when you have to call someone to get your money.
Why do I feel like a pimp? Why do I seriously want to just say..where's my money, bitch?
Wouldn't that be effective and to the point?

I rehearsed it in my head over and over...using different beginnings. I just realized I should have figured out the different possible outcomes. What if it hadn't gone the way I wanted? What would I say then?

I didn't go that far...but I rehearsed the beginning. I was fucking NERVOUS the whole damn day. WHY am I nervous to talk to him?
Maybe because we don't really get along. We did, for awhile after we broke up. Then I got involved with someone else and he got all pissy. No more sex for him. I guess it pissed him off. He was a royal asshole. It was truly awful. He wouldn't even watch Derek so I could go to CLASS. School! Not like...a movie, but fucking SCHOOL.

I got him on the phone, I was SO hoping for voice mail, and I just flat out started with "What's up? I'm confused."
And I just waited. It worked, but he was silent for a minute. I started thinking about what else I could say when he started explaining...well, the same fucking excuses Karen had given me.
Then he finally starts to wrap it up and he tells me he'll send the check on Saturday, for last month and THIS month. And please wait to cash it until Wednesday.

I agreed with that. There isn't any point fucking up their bank account and I can afford to wait until Wednesday.
He starts apologizing and making excuses and I kinda cut him off and said ok...do you want to talk to Derek since I have you on the phone?
My kid got on the phone and...it BROKE MY HEART...asked his own FATHER if he would be there for his birthday.
Yes, Jake has been at every birthday, I don't know why Derek would ask that...but obviously, he feels some sense of distance.

I just scoffed and looked at Ben..I'm not sure he got it..but well, it's just NOT RIGHT.
They talked a bit longer, then Derek handed the phone back to me.
Jake said something about being sorry again, and how they'd had to borrow money from a FRIEND or some of their bills would have been late.
I was like...YEAH, I hope with the right undertone of sarcasm. What THE FUCK did he think he was doing to me, by not getting me the money we agreed on? That I've counted on?
I've paid too many bills late this month, luckily they have all be understanding.
I'm just incredulous that he would even use that as an excuse.
WELL DUH ASSHOLE!
It's the trickle down effect. Think about it, but don't hurt yourself. (OMG! If only I could've said that..instead I was just like..YEAH. That's it, one word. Hopefully he got it.)

I got the check today, and it's only for last month. A note, but nothing explaining why it's only last month. Just another note full of explanations and apologies. Where were the fucking explanations before I went out and spent a good deal of money at the fair?
Before the money was overdue?

Now they are FULL of explanations. And I'm torn..maybe they will send another check by the 19th? But what if they are going to plead ignorance on it...like...well, I didn't tell her, so she didn't know. I'm sorry. Or what if it's an honest mistake?

They'd need to know if it was an honest mistake. But I don't want to make ANOTHER collection call so soon. =S
It makes my stomach spin.

Comments

Brandy said…
Did you tell him how you've had to scrimp and borrow to get by?

Not that you really have, but you should have said it so he realized he's not the only one with a kid to feed.

*snarl*
You're far nicer than I would have been. You're a good person, I hope you don't have to go through this again. I know this past month has been really hard on you.
SWSNBN said…
I told him that we had went to the fair and I spent more than I should have because I THOUGHT the money would be there, and then it wasn't.
It only matters if he actually cares about how I feel. It doesn't seem like he even realizes it was a problem. =(

Or...he doesn't care that it was a problem, only that they had a problem.

Like usual, he's only thinking of himself. =S

Popular posts from this blog

Anonymous no more?

Today is the day, we break free.